Thom B, Tortoise & Hare, Twilight 5K, and June/July Track Canceled for 2020

Sad news. The FLRC board and race directors regret to announce the cancellation of the following races: the Thom B. Trail Runs, the Tortoise & Hare Trail Runs, the Twilight 5K, and our June and July outdoor track meets. If you have any questions, please ask them in the FLRC forum.

We made this decision to comply with the New York State PAUSE executive order and recommendations from public health officials, and because we believe that physical distancing is a necessary measure to slow the spread of the potentially deadly SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. We hate canceling races, but we must all do what we can to reduce infections in our community.

Over the next few weeks, we will be issuing full refunds (minus transaction fees) for those who have pre-registered for the canceled races.

The board and race directors will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and evaluate other upcoming club races at our monthly board meetings. In the meantime, we have (hopefully temporarily) suspended pre-registration for all remaining FLRC races in 2020.

Although all FLRC group runs and workouts have also been canceled, we strongly encourage everyone to exercise regularly to keep your immune system strong. One way to gain some motivation is to sign up for the FLRC COVID-19 Mile Fund Run virtual race to benefit our local running store, the Finger Lakes Running Company. Whatever you decide, avoid groups and crowded areas when running, and please follow our COVID-19 recommendations.

Stay fit, stay healthy, and we look forward to being able to run together again!