The Twilight 5K is a fun, family-friendly event on an early-summer evening. Whether you run or walk, you’ll finish in daylight because it’s held on one of the longest days of the year. With a flat course and relatively few road crossings, it’s a perfect first 5K for all ages. Enjoy the party atmosphere at the start/finish, adjacent to the Ithaca High School track. We’ll have tunes throughout and pizza for all afterward! The race is chip-timed by Leone Timing.
If you want to beat the race-day rush, you can pick up your bib and shirt or register late on Tuesday, June 16 from 11 AM–6 PM at Finger Lakes Running Company: 700 Cascadilla St, Ithaca (the Purity Ice Cream Building).
The race starts and finishes in the school parking lot next to the Ithaca High School track, 1401 North Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY 14850. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street.
Note: For the 2020 race we will not be running on the track itself, as we have in years past.
The race starts at 7:00 PM. Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up are at the track from 5:30 – 6:45.
Online pre-registration through RunSignup is strongly encouraged and will be open until 2:00 PM on June 15. If online registration isn’t possible, you can print and return the paper entry form before June 12. (Check back soon for paper form.)
Day-of-race registration closes at 6:45 PM.
$20 for pre-registration, $25 for late registration (after 2:00 PM on June 15).
FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register late for $10.
The start and finish remains at Ithaca High School. Due to permitting, the course will be altered somewhat for 2020 and no longer start and finish on the IHS track. Check back soon for an updated course description.
- Restrooms are available, but no changing facilities or showers.
- A water station close to the Stewart Park entrance is accessible both when entering and leaving the park.
- Post-race pizza, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available at the RunSignUp and FLRC Web sites.
- For remaining questions, please email race director Mickie Jauquet firstname.lastname@example.org
The course crosses an active railroad track. We can’t control or predict the train schedule, and if the barrier is down, you must stop. If you try to cross the track at this time, you will be disqualified (if you make it). Also be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–14, 15–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
PHOTOS & MEDIA
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.