The Finger Lakes Runners Club believes running is a sanctuary, and we strive to make all of our races, programs, and events welcoming and inclusive of all people regardless of ability, age, appearance, body type, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, nationality, political affiliation, “race,” religion, sexual orientation, or other demographic.
The Finger Lakes Runners Club has a Diversity & Inclusion Committee and is continuously working to improve:
- The participation of all people regardless of demographic
- Accommodation of athletes with disabilities in our races, programs, and events, to the extent possible. If you need an accommodation, please contact the Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the event.
- The affordability of our races, programs, events, and membership
- The mix of competitive and non-competitive events where all runners can feel welcome, enjoy a safe and inclusive environment, and have fun
- Our information and explanations of what to expect for those attending all races, programs, and events, in an accessible format
- Options that enable runners to register for FLRC races, programs, and events as non-binary
The Finger Lakes Runners Club does not tolerate any form of harassment or macroaggressions by race directors, volunteers, participants, or spectators at our events. If you witness or experience any form of harassment, please reach out to the director of the event, or if you are not comfortable, to the Finger Lakes Runners Club Compliance Officer at email@example.com or a member of the Board of Directors.
Finally, we encourage input into our efforts to improve diversity and inclusion. Members of the community are always welcome to attend meetings of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee on a regular basis. Contact the committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We expect all FLRC members, participants, volunteers, and spectators to be respectful of others at our events and in the community. FLRC will not tolerate any harassment or inappropriate actions based on any aspect of an individual’s identity at our events. This includes unwelcome jokes or comments, cyber-bullying, exclusionary or intimidating behavior and language, requests of a sexual nature, or any other inappropriate behavior. It is the responsibility of anyone who experiences or witnesses inappropriate behavior to report it to the FLRC Compliance Officer at email@example.com or through a confidential Web form that accepts anonymous reports. Violating our behavioral standards may result in sanctions including revocation of membership without refund or bans from future FLRC events.