FLRC CANCELS GROUP RUNS
As much as it pains us to say this, until further notice, FLRC is canceling all official club group runs, including our 1st and 3rd Saturday runs on the Black Diamond Trail and the Sunday Skunkday runs. Our Tuesday night MITHACAL MILERS workouts have resumed. For more information, see the post on our Announcements forum.
The FLRC Group Runs bring together runners for fun, fitness, and camaraderie. Everyone is welcome, regardless of age or ability!
These free Saturday morning runs start and finish at the base of the Black Diamond Trail behind the Ithaca Children’s Garden at Cass Park (121 Turtle Lane, Ithaca, NY 14850). Registration, warmup, and mingling start at 7:30 AM, and the run begins at 7:45 AM. We’ll run out on the wide, smooth Black Diamond Trail for 30 minutes, and then turn around and run back. You’ll likely find someone at your pace, and everyone should finish at about the same time. Feel free to add in some walking, or to turn around before 30 minutes.
- You can sign the liability waiver now, or in person before your first run. This waiver is good for all 2020 FLRC weekend group runs for the entire year. If you’ve previously signed the waiver for the 2019 runs, you will need to again before your first run in 2020.
- We’ll have water on hand, but in support of sustainability, please bring a water bottle if possible.
- Restrooms may be available at the Ithaca Children’s Garden and in the main Cass Park building.
- We suggest that you leave dogs and headphones at home so you can pay more attention to fellow runners. Jogging strollers are welcome, though you may find them tricky in the snow.
- The trail may be slippery in the winter.
- For questions, or to help with a run, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org)