The FLRC Group Runs bring together runners for fun, fitness, and camaraderie. Everyone is welcome, regardless of age or ability! In 2018, we have two group runs on Sundays (first and third Sundays on the Black Diamond Trail, and second and fourth Sundays for Eat and Run), and a chance of Saturday group runs.
Since these group runs are official FLRC events, a signed waiver is required for liability reasons. You can sign the waiver now online, or in person before your first run. You need to sign the waiver only once for all 2018 group runs.
First and Third Sundays: Black Diamond Trail
These free runs start and finish at the base of the Black Diamond Trail behind the Ithaca Children’s Garden at Cass Park (121 Turtle Lane, Ithaca, NY 14850). Registration, warmup, and mingling starts at 8:30 AM, and we’ll begin running promptly at 8:45 AM. We’ll have water on hand, but in support of sustainability, please bring your own water bottle if possible. We’ll run out on the wide, smooth Black Diamond Trail for 30 minutes, and then turn around and run back. You’ll likely find someone at your pace, and everyone should finish at about the same time. Feel free to add in some walking, or to turn around before 30 minutes.
- Restrooms may be available in the Ithaca Children’s Garden and the main Cass Park building.
- We suggest that you leave dogs and headphones at home so you can pay more attention to fellow runners. Jogging strollers are welcome, though you may find them tricky in the snow.
- The trail may be slippery in the winter.
- You can sign the liability waiver now, or in person before your first run.
- For questions, or if you’d like to help with a run, contact FLRC Group Run director Shelly Marino or run leader Megan Powers.
Second and Fourth Sundays: Eat and Run
We hope to have Eat and Run as a twice-monthly social running event that starts with a run and ends with brunch. The group will meet at various locations across Tompkins and surrounding counties, with all runners, including beginners, welcome. The volunteer group who hopes to lead these runs led one run in March 2018, but these runs appear to be taking a break, at least for now.
We will post back here again if there is a definite time and place for a future Eat and Run. We’ll also send email to the FLRC mailing list.
You can sign the liability waiver now, or in person before your first run. This waiver is good for all 2018 FLRC Sunday group runs for the entire year.
What about Saturdays?