The 8.3-mile Black Diamond Park to Park course starts at either the Cass Park or Taughannock Park end of the Black Diamond Trail. You can run it in one direction halfway and turn around, or go to the end for a single completion (maybe leave a bike to get back?). Or do the full 17-mile out-and-back for two completions. Results | Posts
- Google Maps pin showing the Cass Park start/finish
- Google Maps pin showing the Taughannock State Park start/finish
- Course map
- Bathrooms: At Cass Park, there should be some near the pavilion, plus at the Cass Park Rink. At Taughannock Park, the closest bathrooms are probably at the Visitor’s Center at the Overlook, which is a drive in the other direction. FLRC has also sponsored a porta-potty at the Kraft Road intersection, which is before the halfway point when starting at Taughannock.
Start at the sign at either Cass Park or the Upper Taughannock parking area. You really shouldn’t need any directions for this one.
- Start at a sign, and run the Black Diamond Trail. You have three options:
- Run halfway, turn around, and run back to your starting point for one effort.
- Run the entire course in either direction for one effort.
- Run the entire course, turn around, and run back to your starting point for two efforts.