We are thrilled to announce the 2021 Women’s Distance Festival registration is open! Held in memory of race co-founder Diane Sherrer, this event celebrates women’s running with a female-only 5k road race and walk. New for 2021, the race will be held on Mother’s Day—Sunday, May 9th. Women and girls of all ages run together along the flat and scenic Dryden Rail Trail.
We hope you will consider joining as we move the race back to its original venue in Dryden and on what we consider the ideal day—Mother’s Day! We are looking forward to celebrating women and the return of in-person races to the Finger Lakes.
Lorrie Tily and Chris Irving
Per FLRC policy, all runners must abide by these COVID-19 safety precautions:
- Online pre-registration is required (there is no day of race registration!), and you must be able to respond affirmatively to the safety questions asked during registration.
- If you feel in the slightest bit ill or are running a temperature, stay home!
- Make sure to bring a mask or buff.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
- Bathrooms may not be available, and we’re not allowed to have a porta-potty.
- Please do not carpool to the race with people who are not part of your household.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before the race; bib pickup may be slower than normal.
- At all times before the race, you must wear a mask and maintain a minimum of 6 feet from other participants. Stay warm in your car or by jogging.
- Wear your mask at the starting line and, once the race begins, until you have established some distance from others around you. At that point, you may remove your mask but must keep it available for quick re-application as needed.
- There will be no aid stations. Bring your own food and liquids.
Finally, please note that if a runner doesn’t comply with FLRC’s COVID-19 Race Safety Precautions as outlined above, the race director should be notified and will reiterate the guidelines to the person in question. If that person fails to comply, they will be asked to leave. If they continue to defy the race director’s request, they will be disqualified from the race and reported to the FLRC board for possible banning from future club events.