Held in memory of race co-founder Diane Sherrer, the Women’s Distance Festival 5K celebrates women’s running with a women-only road race and walk. New for 2021, the race will be held on Mothers Day—Sunday, May 9th. Women and girls of all ages run together along the flat and scenic Dryden Rail Trail.
The start and finish is at Dryden Lake Park in the Town of Dryden—this race’s original venue—and will be run on the Dryden Rail Trail/Jim Schug Trail. The trail is flat, with a crushed gravel and packed dirt surface.
There is plenty of free parking near the staging area.
The race starts at 10:00 AM. Bib pickup is from 9:00–9:45 AM.
Online registration is required and is open until 6:00 PM on May 8th, the night before the race.
- Online registration costs $15.
- FLRC members may deduct $5.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- There is no race day registration.
Awards will be given out immediately following the race, in the following categories:
- First overall open, masters (40+), and veteran (60+).
- First women in each of the following age groups: 1–10, 11–14, 15–18, 19–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+.
- Oldest and youngest finishers.
- Restrooms may not be available, and we are not allowed to bring in porta-potties!
- There will be limited water available at the start/finish area. Please bring your own water bottle and carry it if needed.
- Runners will be provided with an on-the-go post-race treat at the finish.
- Results will be available online immediately following the race.
- During registration, runners will be required to agree to our COVID-19 race safety guidelines.
- No dogs are allowed on the course.
- Jogging strollers will be allowed at the back of the pack and only for walkers.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- All runners must follow the directions of course marshals or risk being disqualified.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.