This trail race offers two distances so everyone can have fun on the trails. The 7-mile course is two scenic, partially overlapping loops. Those looking for a shorter distance can choose to run one loop for 3.5 miles. All runners start together near the park entrance, and both distances will be timed and count toward our Stonehead, Pebblehead, and Boulderhead standings. The 2020 race has been moved back to its traditional Thursday evening start time.
The route winds along wooded trails on the north and south rims of the Fillmore Glen Gorge, with a brief stretch along a quiet park road. (Be prepared for a lot of stairs in the first and last miles!) The course highlight is where the trail drops into the gorge itself, where you’ll repeatedly cross the creek over a series of seven wooden and stone bridges. The course is well-marked and water stops are provided. If previous years are any indication, the weather may be unpredictable, but the scenery will always be gorgeous!
Registration and bib pick-up is at the main pavilion at Fillmore Glen State Park—1686 Route 38, Moravia, NY 13118.
Be prepared to show an Empire Pass or pay an $8.00 vehicle fee to the park.
- The 3.5-mile and 7-mile races start together at 6:00 PM.
- Day-of-race registration and bib pickup is between 5:00 and 5:45 PM.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start to pick up your bib.
Online registration opens on Webscorer on June 1.
Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is open until 6:00 PM on August 5, the night before the race. If you are unable to register online, please print, fill out, and return the paper registration for before July 31. (Check back soon for paper entry form.)
Day-of-race registration closes at 5:45 sharp!
- $15 for pre-registration, $20 for day-of-race registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No day-of-race discounts.
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register on the day of race for $10.
- Restrooms, showers, and swimming are available at Fillmore Glen State Park. (The swimming hole, located next to the finish line, is open until 7:00 PM.)
- Post-race goodies will be provided, plus water, soda, and beer.
- Results will be made available shortly after the race via Webscorer; visit the FLRC Web site for full results later.
- This race is part of the Finger Lakes Trail Circuit, for all you Pebbleheads, Stoneheads, and Boulderheads.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Lorrie Tily (email@example.com).
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–18, 19–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+.
- Look for trail markers or you could end up off course! As with all trail runs, it’s on you to pay attention.
- Unlike road races, the footing is not level. It is uneven and can be dangerous. A fall or injury is possible.
- Insect bites, mud, treacherous footing, fallen logs, and vehicles at road crossings are possible hazards.
- Heat could be a problem this time of year; if so, carry fluids and watch for symptoms of heat exhaustion!
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.