Thank you for spending a gorgeous Moravia morning with the Finger Lakes Runners Club!
|1||Rich Heffron||Ithaca, NY||36||M||49:34.7|
|2||Eric Sambolec||Ithaca, NY||41||M||49:54.2|
|4||Jennifer Selig||Buffalo, NY||36||F||57:54.9|
|5||David Kania||Freeville, NY||39||M||58:02.9|
|6||James King||Ithaca, NY||23||M||59:40.4|
|7||Matt Yarrow||Ithaca, NY||44||M||59:42.0|
|8||Boris Dzzikovski||Ithaca, NY||55||M||1:01:16.3|
|9||Dan Augustyn||Mansfield, MA||46||M||1:01:36.2|
|10||Andrew Tucker||Warners, NY||37||M||1:01:43.3|
|11||Pete Kresock||Ithaca, NY||36||M||1:01:52.9|
|12||Robert Plyter||Syracuse, NY||51||M||1:02:13.9|
|14||Gerrit Van Loon||Ithaca, NY||58||M||1:02:46.4|
|15||Alan Lockett||Lansing, NY||62||M||1:02:58.2|
|16||Bill King||Ithaca, NY||59||M||1:03:55.1|
|17||Thomas Ottaviano||Moravia, NY||39||M||1:04:11.2|
|18||Joe Flynn||Batavia, NY||27||M||1:04:53.7|
|21||Anthony Desarno||Watkins Glen, NY||26||M||1:07:20.0|
|22||Megan Stockton||New York, NY||25||F||1:08:31.1|
|23||Iwijn De Vlaminck||Ithaca, NY||38||M||1:09:19.2|
|24||Julie Barclay||Groton, NY||46||F||1:10:04.8|
|26||Rick Mazzeo||Skaneateles, NY||66||M||1:11:02.7|
|27||Jack Spencer||Dryden, NY||35||M||1:11:15.5|
|28||David Kopp||Lawrence, KS||33||M||1:12:08.7|
|30||Michael Boggs||Hector, NY||59||M||1:12:25.4|
|31||Ilana Brito||Ithaca, NY||39||F||1:13:57.2|
|32||Matthew Manning||Clay, NY||28||M||1:14:12.4|
|33||Catarina Massa||Ithaca, NY||26||F||1:14:25.6|
|34||Jan Hunsinger||Moravia, NY||60||M||1:15:04.5|
|36||Mark Rodriguez||North Olmsted, OH||58||M||1:15:23.2|
|37||Pamela Hampton||Moravia, NY||45||F||1:15:47.1|
|39||Cara Carmichael||Moravia NY, NY||21||F||1:17:33.9|
|41||Brian Watson||Groton, NY||32||M||1:18:25.3|
|44||Sarah Drumheller||Interlaken, NY||41||F||1:20:44.6|
|45||Jacqueline Rodriguez||North Olmsted, OH||55||F||1:22:35.1|
|46||Jessica Waffle||Dryden, NY||34||F||1:22:35.4|
|48||Sarah Ridenour||Danby, NY||33||F||1:24:32.9|
|49||Alex Pyle||Portland, OR||26||F||1:25:12.0|
|50||Carina Ramsey||Lansing, NY||35||F||1:29:20.6|
|51||Bethany Welgoss||Dryden, NY||24||F||1:29:20.6|
|52||Melissa Wallace||Ithaca, NY||45||F||1:29:58.1|
|53||Audrey Balander||Cortland, NY||63||F||1:29:58.3|
|54||Alexis Mazzeo||Skaneateles, NY||28||F||1:30:56.7|
|56||Robert Schmidt||Endicott, NY||36||M||1:33:07.7|
|57||Josey Mikulyuk||New York, NY||39||F||1:44:51.8|
|58||Heather Cobb||Groton, NY||33||F||1:45:01.4|
|59||Joseph Reynolds||Newfield, NY||74||M||1:46:17.8|
|60||Amy Spadolini||Cortland, NY||56||F||1:56:16.5|
|61||Chris Spadolini||Cortland, NY||55||M||1:56:23.7|
|62||James Hoch||Cortland, NY||69||M||2:05:24.1|
|2||Lynn Hart||Cazenovia, NY||49||F||32:51.4|
|4||Molly Hart||Cazenovia, NY||16||F||37:43.8|
|5||Travis Hacker||Moravia, NY||15||M||39:39.3|
|6||Danielle Ryan||Moravia, NY||35||F||39:40.7|
|7||Danielle Mazzeo||Skaneateles, NY||26||F||43:47.4|
|8||Merin Ketcham||Trumansburg, NY||21||F||44:16.5|
|11||Zach Bahamondes||Hampton Bays, NY||14||M||54:17.7|
|12||Katherine Turza||East Quogue, NY||35||F||54:18.8|
|13||Elizabeth Leubner||Moravia, NY||37||F||55:27.0|
|14||Hannah Cabisca||Moravia, NY||10||F||57:06.3|
|15||Austin Cabisca||Moravia, NY||14||M||57:06.9|
|16||Josie Vankuren||Moravia, NY||25||F||58:19.0|
|17||Anngel Delaney||Ithaca, NY||48||F||58:28.1|
|18||Julie Ciotoli||Cortland, NY||34||F||59:57.9|
|21||Julie Whitten||Ithaca, NY||41||F||1:01:15.8|
|22||Melinda Butler||Trumansburg, NY||55||F||1:01:16.8|
|23||Courtney Purdy||Cortland, NY||25||F||1:01:46.3|
|26||Susan Smith||Syracuse, NY||42||F||1:16:22.5|
Please note: This race has moved to a Saturday from the traditional Thursday evening. The start time is 8:30 AM.
This trail race offers two distances so everyone can have fun on the trails. The 7-mile course is two scenic, partially overlapping loops. Those looking for a shorter distance can choose to run one loop for 3.5 miles. All runners start together near the park entrance, and both distances will be timed and count toward our Stonehead, Pebblehead, and Boulderhead standings.
The route winds along wooded trails on the north and south rims of the Fillmore Glen Gorge, with a brief stretch along a quiet park road. (Be prepared for a lot of stairs in the first mile!) The course highlight is where the trail drops into the gorge itself, where you’ll repeatedly cross the creek over a series of seven wooden and stone bridges. The course is well-marked and water stops are provided. If previous years are any indication, the weather may be unpredictable, but the scenery will always be gorgeous!
Registration and bib pick-up is at the main pavilion at Fillmore Glen State Park—1686 Route 38, Moravia, NY 13118.
This year, Forge the Gorgeous is part of the Fillmore Days festivities—there is no vehicle entry fee before 9:00 AM.
- The 3.5-mile and 7-mile races start together at 8:30 AM.
- Day-of-race registration and bib pickup — 7:15 to 8:15 AM.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start to pick up your bib.
- $15 for pre-registration, $20 for day-of-race registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No day-of-race discounts.
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register on the day of race for $10.
- Restrooms, showers, and swimming are available at Fillmore Glen State Park. (The swimming hole, located next to the finish line, opens at 11:00 AM.)
- Post-race goodies will be provided, plus water, soda, and beer.
- The park is currently repairing a footbridge on the upper Gorge Trail, so we will be running a course slightly different from the traditional route.
- Results will be made available shortly after the race via Webscorer; visit the FLRC Web site for full results later.
- This race is part of the Finger Lakes Trail Circuit, for all you Pebbleheads, Stoneheads, and Boulderheads.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Jessica Kerns (email@example.com).
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–18, 19–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+.
- Look for trail markers or you could end up off course! As with all trail runs, it’s on you to pay attention.
- Unlike road races, the footing is not level. It is uneven and can be dangerous. A fall or injury is possible.
- Insect bites, mud, treacherous footing, fallen logs, and vehicles at road crossings are possible hazards.
- Heat could be a problem this time of year; if so, carry fluids and watch for symptoms of heat exhaustion!
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.