Home | Swag | Courses | Prizes | Timing | Rules | 100K Ultra Challenge
The 6.5-mile Six Mile Creek course starts above the playground on the South Hill Rec Way near the Juniper Drive parking spot.
- Google Maps pin showing the start/finish
- Course map
- RunGo directions (for iOS, Android, or Apple Watch) coming soon
Start at the sign above the playground on the South Hill Rec Way, just below the Juniper Drive parking area.
[Photo of start/finish sign coming]
- Start heading north—back toward Ithaca.
- Quickly, take the right turn past the playground that heads down the hill.
- At about .7 miles, take a right into the trails at the trailhead, marked with a stile.
- At .92 miles, take a right at the Y in the trail.
- At 1.1 miles, take a left at the Y in the trail.
- At 1.25 miles, come close to the trail entry point on the lower fork of the Rec Way.
- At 1.28 miles, connect to the trail entry point at the big curve.
- At 1.23 miles, take a left up the hill at the Y (ignore the blue-blazed trail that goes straight).
- At 1.37 miles, take a sharp right at the graffiti-marked tree to avoid going down to the gorge.
- At 1.44 miles, meet up with the blue-blazed trail you ignored earlier, but keep going straight.
- At 1.51 miles, at the top of a steep hill, there’s a fork. Go left—you’ll see teepees on the right.
- At 1.72 miles, the blue-blazed trail turns left across a stream that goes under a concrete bridge by the Rec Way.
- At 1.85 miles, pop out on the South Hill Rec Way, and turn left toward Burns Road. About .25 miles later, you’ll see the sign marking 1.0 miles to Burns.
- At 2.55 miles, turn left back into the trails at the stile.
- At 2.90 miles, take a sharp turn to stay on the blue-blazed trail.
- At 3.13 miles, go straight, even though you’re crossing what looks like a major path (it isn’t).
- At 3.26 miles, pop back out on the South Hill Rec Way, and turn left toward Burns Road.
- At 3.64 miles, turn around at the gate at the end of the South Hill Rec Way.
- Run back to the starting point just off Juniper Drive, which should be at about 5.3 miles.
- Continue straight to the end of the top arm of the South Hill Rec Way.
- Turn around and return to the start/finish sign.