Home | Swag | Courses | Prizes | Timing | Rules | 100K Ultra Challenge
The 3.1-mile Lakefront Loops 5K course starts near the Hangar Theatre and sends runners around two loops, one jutting out into the lake in the Allan H. Treman State Marine Park and the other in Cass Park around the soccer fields near the skating rink. There’s also an out-and-back along the Waterfront Trail in Cass Park to pick up the rest of the 5K distance, which we measured with a wheel.
As with the Sweet 1600, you can submit results for this course from any 5K race or timed parkrun anywhere in the world (runs of the correct distance outside of a race don’t count). That way, if you’re traveling outside of the area on vacation, you can record some Challenge efforts. Be sure to submit a race report with photos to get your stars too!
- Google Maps pin showing the start/finish
- Course map
- RunGo directions (for iOS, Android, or Apple Watch) coming soon
Start at the sign near the intersection by the dog park near the Hangar Theatre.
[Photo of start/finish sign coming]
- Run north around the perimeter of the lakefront trails, avoiding the little dead-end from last year’s course.
- When you get back to the start/finish, keep going straight toward the skating rink.
- Just past the rink, turn left to follow the trail, without crossing Rt. 89.
- Go past the first small bridge and turn right at the second bridge to cross the stream and head south on the Waterfront Trail.
- Turn around at the sign across from the Cass Park Access Road that leads into the Children’s Garden.
- Once you cross the bridge on the way back, turn right and follow the the paved trail around the fields until you get back to the start/finish.