This year marks the 36th consecutive running of one of Ithaca’s oldest and largest road races, with a choice of USATF-sanctioned 10K and half-marathon distances. Join 1,000 other runners in the scenic countryside of Ellis Hollow as the skunk cabbages start to emerge in the spring! The race is timed by Leone Timing.
You can register late and/or pick up your bib number and shirt on Saturday, April 8th from 11 AM–5 PM at the Finger Lakes Running & Triathlon Company on the Ithaca Commons.
The races start and finish at Barton Hall at Cornell University. Post-race refreshments will be provided there too. Use a mapping service or GPS to find Barton Hall at Cornell University. Free parking is available in the Kite Hill lot at Schoellkopf Field, the parking garage across from Teagle Hall, and adjacent lots as noted on signs.
- The half-marathon starts at 10:00 AM on Campus Road alongside Barton Hall.
- The 10K starts at 10:15 AM on Garden Avenue in front of Barton Hall.
- Day-of-race registration and bib pickup is between 8:00 AM and 9:45 AM.
- Please arrive in sufficient time prior to your race to pick up your bib number.
- Pre-registration is $20 before January 15th or $35 between January 15th and April 6th at 12 PM.
- FLRC members may deduct $2 only when pre-registering.
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free for the 10K until 12 PM on April 6th.
- Race weekend (after 12 PM on April 6th) registration costs $50 for everyone. No discounts!
- T-shirts (Zorel tech fabric in gender-specific styles) are available only through online registration and are guaranteed only for the first 250 requests.
Both courses are USATF distance-certified and sanctioned. It is the runner’s responsibility to know the course!
Half-Marathon: The half-marathon is a lollipop course with four water stops. It starts on Campus Road below Barton Hall and heads up campus past the Veterinary School and animal hospitals. You’ll see livestock and research barns as you run out Game Farm Road, following a mostly eastward route for the first half of the course. Along Ellis Hollow Road, the course features some rolling hills, especially around the half-way point where the famed skunk cabbage can be seen (and smelled!). With the exception of a rise around mile 10, the rest of the route is fast and flat, running through campus past the Dairy Bar and the Wilson Synchrotron on one side, and the Cornell Plantations on the other, on a fast downhill to the finish on Garden Avenue. Download the half-marathon course map (PDF).
The 10k is an out-and-back on a mostly flat, fast course, with two water stops. It starts on Garden Avenue in front of Barton Hall and follows the same course as the half-marathon, out Game Farm Road to Stevenson Road, with the turn-around and a community-sponsored water stop. The course enters campus on Tower Road, and heads toward the Clock Tower, past the Dairy Bar and the Wilson Synchrotron on one side, and the Cornell Plantations on the other, running a fast downhill to the finish on Garden Avenue. Download the 10K course map (PDF).
- Restrooms are available in Barton Hall.
- 10K and half-marathon runners will have different colored bibs.
- There will be a lead biker for each race.
- The half-marathon course runs against traffic from Dodge Road until the turn back on to Game Farm Road.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available at the RunSignUp and FLRC Web sites.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Alex Kleinerman (email@example.com).
- Be aware that both courses include state and county highways that are open to traffic!
- Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The first 550 half-marathon finishers will receive an all-new, custom finisher’s medal.
The award ceremony takes place soon after each race, with male and female awards in the following categories:
- Top three overall open, top two overall masters (40–49), and first overall vets (50+)
- Top three in each of these age groups, male and female: 1–14, 15–19, 20–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39, 40–44, 45–49, 50–54, 55–59, 60–64, 65–69, and 70+
- If you expect to take over 3.5 hours to complete the half-marathon, please contact the race director!
- Absolutely no refunds, deferrals, or athlete transfers will be allowed.
- No headphones, jogging strollers, or dogs! These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and the Cornell Running Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.
Half-Marathon: Bennie McIntosh 1:08:38 (1987), Ellie Pell 1:20:37 (2016)
10K: Tom Boone 30:33 (1987), Tamara Sayre 35:36 (1989)
Masters Half-Marathon: Marty Muchow 1:13:53 (1985), Winnie Ngan 1:25:55 (2001)
Masters 10K: Tim Otis 33:20 (1995), Sarah Kramer 38:14 (2005)