This evening trail race offers two distances so everyone can have fun on the trails after work. The 7-mile course is two partially overlapping scenic loops. Those who are looking for a shorter distance can choose to complete just one loop for the 3.5 mile course. All runners start together near the park entrance and both distances will be timed and recorded. Afterwards, relive your race while enjoying a pizza party with your fellow runners!
The course winds along wooded trails on both rims of Fillmore Glen gorge with a short distance on a quiet park road and, most important, drops into the gorge itself, where you’ll bounce back and forth from edge to edge across multiple stone and wood bridges. The course will be well-marked and water stops will be provided. If previous years are any indication, the weather may be unpredictable, but the scenery will always be gorgeous!
Register at the main pavilion at Fillmore Glen State Park at 1686 Route 38, Moravia, NY 13118.
Be prepared to pay an $8 New York State Parks admission fee.
- The 3.5 mile and 7 mile races start together at 6:00 PM.
- Day-of-race registration and bib pickup is between 5:00 and 5:45 PM.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your race to pick up your bib number.
Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is open until 6 PM the night before the race.
Day-of-race registration closes at 5:45 PM!
- $15 for pre-registration, $20 for day-of-race registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No day-of-race discounts!
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register on the day of race for $10.
- Rest rooms, showers, and swimming are available at Fillmore Glen State Park.
- Post-race pizza will be accompanied by fruit, cookies, and so on, plus water, Gatorade, soda, and beer.
- Results will be made available shortly after the race via Webscorer; visit the FLRC Web site for full results later.
- This race is part of the Finger Lakes Trail Circuit, for all you Pebbleheads, Stoneheads, and Boulderheads.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Jessica Kerns (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–18, 19–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
- Look for trail markers or you could end up off course! As with all trail runs, it’s on you to pay attention.
- Unlike road races, the footing is not level. It is uneven and can be dangerous. A fall or injury is possible.
- Insect bites, mud, treacherous footing, fallen logs, and vehicles at road crossings are possible hazards.
- Heat could be a problem this time of year; if so, carry fluids and watch for symptoms of heat exhaustion!
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.