Okay, so maybe it was more like a spring thaw than a winter chill this weekend! The results from Winter Chill 5K #3 have been posted to Webscorer. Thank you to the various businesses, coaches, and members of the community that we had the pleasure of sharing space with at Island Health & Fitness, and to Island for allowing us to stage the race on their property.
A few notes from RD Bob Talda:
- Thanks to all the volunteers: Mickie, Shelly, Ally, Harris, Adam, Scott, Denice (and anyone else we may have left out!)
- Kudos to Yvette and Linnie for joining us despite the 3 a.m. return from marching in Washington, DC.
- We’re still sad that the change of start didn’t get to everyone
- We’re glad that most of the runners still made it over to Island Health & Fitness in time to join us!
- To the runner who ran the usual course, please e-mail me with your time so I can credit you for participating. email@example.com
- I really enjoyed the PJs!
- It was also an amazing day to be out watching runners—the view up and down the inlet was spectacular! It was even beneficial, as we could yell over to any runner who missed the turn up the hill.
- Ian’s race photos are on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FLRTC/photos/…
The FLRC raffle winners are as follows:
- Skunk Cabbage Classic Half Marathon & 10K: Jake McNamara and Wendy Kozlowski
- Tortoise & Hare entry: Mo Barger and Gerrit Van Loon
- Thom B Trail Runs entry: Brett Donaldson and Annette Schaff
- FLRC Pint Glass and Hat: Laura Morse
- FLRC membership: Ashley Schmidt
We look forward to seeing new and familiar faces next week for Winter Chill 5K #4. The theme is “colors of the rainbow”—and the prediction is for a return to traditional Winter Chill weather. Don’t forget about the gathering at Kelly’s Dock-Side Cafe immediately following the race!