The Women’s Distance Festival 5K celebrates women’s running with a women-only road race and walk. As with the last few years, the 2023 race will be held on Mother’s Day. Held in memory of race cofounder Diane Sherrer, the race allows women and girls of all ages to run together along the flat and scenic Dryden Rail Trail/Jim Schug Trail as it passes Dryden Lake.
If you’ve never run a road race before, check out our First-Timers FAQs for Road Races.
The start and finish is at Dryden Lake Park in the Town of Dryden. There is plenty of free parking near the staging area. The trail itself is flat, with a crushed gravel and packed dirt surface. (For anyone paying attention, we categorized this race as a “road” race because the trail is wide, flat, and easy—much closer to a road than the more technical trails in most of our trail races.)
Bib pickup is from 9:00–9:45 AM and the race starts at 10:00 AM.
Online registration is required and is open until 2 hours before the race.
- Online registration costs $20.
- FLRC members may deduct $5.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- If financial considerations would prevent you from entering this race, please use coupon code FLRCRUNFREE2023 during registration to waive the entry fee.
- There is no in-person registration at the race.
Awards will be given out shortly following the race, in the following categories:
- First overall open, masters (40+), and veteran (60+).
- First women in each of the following age groups: 1–10, 11–14, 15–18, 19–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+.
- Oldest and youngest finishers.
- Bathrooms will be available.
- Water will be available, but we encourage folks to bring their own water bottle.
- Runners will be provided with a post-race treat.
- Results will be available online shortly following the race.
If you have a question, contact race director Lorrie Tily (email@example.com) or Chris Irving (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No dogs are allowed on the course.
- Jogging strollers will be allowed at the back of the pack and only for walkers.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- All runners must follow the directions of course marshals or risk being disqualified.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- If you need accommodation for a disability to participate in this event, please contact the FLRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at email@example.com.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.