Because of a snowstorm the previous week, Winter Chill #4 is actually the third race in the 2019 four-race series. The make-up date for Chill #3 is this Sunday, February 3.
|5||Jesse Koennecke||Ithaca, NY||48||M||21:37.8|
|7||Alan Lockett||Lansing, NY||61||M||21:46.1|
|8||Brennan Brockway||Groton, NY||14||M||21:56.8|
|9||Juan Saldivar||Newfield, NY||33||M||22:14.0|
|11||Gerrit Van Loon||Ithaca, NY||57||M||22:40.3|
|12||Alon Keinan||Ithaca, NY||42||M||22:48.1|
|13||Joe Schlimmer||Ithaca, NY||33||M||22:50.2|
|17||Nicholas Marnell||Locke, NY||15||M||23:41.8|
|18||Wiley Anderson||Ithaca, NY||14||M||23:59.6|
|19||Katie Keranen||Ithaca, NY||39||F||24:10.5|
|21||Scarlett Lee||Ithaca, NY||29||F||24:26.5|
|22||Nancy Kleinrock||Ithaca, NY||58||F||24:42.6|
|23||Laura Morse||Ithaca, NY||38||F||24:47.4|
|24||Steve Shaum||Ithaca, NY||53||M||24:49.9|
|26||Robert Swizdor||Ithaca, NY||53||M||25:38.5|
|28||Jacob Trotta||Ithaca, NY||26||M||26:01.8|
|29||Lorrie Tily||Locke, NY||57||F||26:36.6|
|32||Cecilia Martindale||Ithaca, NY||21||F||27:11.0|
|35||Megan Powers||Ithaca, NY||38||F||28:05.7|
|36||Gina Gasparro||Lansing, NY||55||F||28:07.0|
|37||Amber Hafner||Lansing, NY||35||F||28:32.4|
|40||Alexandra Young||Watkins Glen, NY||25||F||29:11.1|
|41||Mia Slotnick||Ithaca, NY||56||F||29:17.2|
|42||Wendy Kozlowski||Lansing, NY||48||F||29:40.2|
|45||Sandy Kelly||Lansing, NY||58||F||31:55.7|
|47||Judy Drake||Lansing, NY||49||F||32:01.8|
|48||Kerra Quinn||Dryden, NY||43||F||32:42.3|
|50||Chris Anderson||Ithaca, NY||51||M||33:18.1|
|51||Christopher Crooker||Ithaca, NY||53||M||33:18.5|
|53||Robin Hadlock Seeley||64||F||34:51.7|
|54||Steve Ryan||Ithaca, NY||67||M||34:55.4|
|55||Ruth Sproul||Ithaca, NY||67||F||35:02.4|
|56||Tonya Engst||Ithaca, NY||51||F||35:02.5|
|57||Beth Loesch||Beaver Dams, NY||43||F||36:16.1|
|58||Laura Taylor||Ithaca, NY||52||F||36:24.5|
|60||Julie Whitten||Ithaca, NY||40||F||36:43.6|
|62||Lisa Dann||Lansing, NY||45||F||37:01.2|
|63||Kelly Sauve||Ithaca, NY||34||F||37:06.7|
|65||Michael Allinger||Newfield, NY||61||M||37:52.5|
|66||Jessie-Emma Parlett||Newfield, NY||26||F||37:52.9|
The Winter Chill 5K series is an excuse to get out of the house every Sunday in January and run a low-key race with fellow FLRC members in weather that can range from downright balmy to wonderfully wintry. All four races are free to FLRC members, and if you’re not already in the club, you can sign up for membership for $20 online.
The races start behind the hockey rink at Cass Park and follow the Waterfront Trail along the Cayuga Inlet before going under the Route 89 bridge and turning around near the Cass Park Turtle & Garden. No road crossings!
Some people may organize informal post-event meals after the first three Winter Chill races, and everyone is invited to brunch after the final race.
Warm up your New Year’s resolutions (or proud lack thereof!) and drag your friends along for the fun!
The races start and finish behind the hockey rink at Cass Park (701 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca, NY 14850). There is plenty of free parking at Cass Park.
The race starts at 11:00 AM. Day-of-race registration and bib pick-up from 10:30 – 10:45.
Day-of-race registration closes at 10:45 AM. You will be issued a numbered bib which will be used for all four races.
Reuse your bib for each race!
- Beware that the wind off the inlet may be very cold. Wear appropriate clothing and lots of it!
- The trail may be icy. Please exercise caution when running and passing others.
- FLRC and the City of Ithaca make reasonable efforts to ensure a clear path, but cannot guarantee one.
- You must be an FLRC member to run!
- Make sure to bring your bib from the first race to each subsequent race.
- Restrooms and changing facilities are available in the main building of Cass Park.
- There will be no water stops on the course—they might freeze, and it’s only a 5K.
- Post-race food and drink will be provided.
- Results will be announced at the race and will also be available at the FLRC Web site afterward.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Sarah Drumheller at email@example.com.
- You must check in for each event so we know who is running.
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- All runners must follow the directions of course marshals or risk being disqualified.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.