Apart from the date, details about this race may change before registration opens. For now, save the date and come back later to learn more.
The Twilight 5K is a fun, family-friendly event on an early summer evening. Whether you run or walk, you’ll finish in daylight because it’s held on one of the longest days of the year. With a flat course and relatively few road crossings, it’s a perfect first 5K for all ages. We’ll have a party atmosphere and pizza for all afterward! The race is chip-timed by Leone Timing.
As with 2022, the race will start and finish near the marina at Allan H. Treman State Park, then follow the Waterfront Trail around the lakeshore and through part of Cass Park. See below for the layout.
The race starts and finishes at the edge of Cayuga Lake, next to the Allan Treman State Park marina. There is free parking near Treman’s dog park, with overflow parking available at Cass Park, a five-minute walk away.
The race starts at 7:00 PM. Packet pick-up is from 5:30 to 6:45 PM.
- Online registration through RunSignup is required and will be open until 2:00 PM on June 13.
- Leone Timing will make day-of-race online registration available, but a credit card is required—no cash or checks.
- Registration is $25. FLRC members may deduct $5.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- If financial considerations would prevent you from entering this race, please use coupon code FLRCRUNFREE2023 during registration to waive the entry fee.
- Restrooms are available at Allan H. Treman State Park, but no changing facilities or showers.
- We will have at least one water stop along the course.
- Post-race pizza, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available on the RunSignup and FLRC Web sites.
- For remaining questions, please email race director Kris Haines-Sharp at email@example.com.
The awards ceremony will take place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–14, 15–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
PHOTOS & MEDIA
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race director reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or humankind.
- If you need accommodation for a disability to participate in this event, please contact the FLRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.