It is with deep regret that FLRC must announce the cancellation of the 2021 Twilight 5k. Given expected infection rates, venue restrictions, and recommendations from local public health officials, FLRC believes that it would be irresponsible to encourage large gatherings of runners. We must all do what we can to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in our community, and we sincerely hope that we can return to a regular racing schedule in the future.
The Twilight 5K is a fun, family friendly event on an early summer evening. Whether you run or walk, you’ll finish in daylight because it’s held on one of the longest days of the year. With a flat course and relatively few road crossings, it’s a perfect first 5K for all ages. Enjoy the party atmosphere at the start/finish at Stewart Park. We’ll have tunes throughout and pizza for all afterward! The race is chip-timed by Leone Timing.
For the 2021 race we will start and finish at the Small Tea Pavilion at Stewart Park—NOT at Ithaca High School as in recent years.
If you want to beat the race-day rush, you can pick up your bib and shirt or register late on Tuesday, June 15 from 11 AM–6 PM at Finger Lakes Running Company: 700 Cascadilla Street, Ithaca (the Purity Ice Cream Building).
The race starts and finishes at the edge of Cayuga Lake, next to Stewart Park’s Small Tea Pavilion. The address for the park is 1 James L Gibbs Drive, Ithaca, NY 14850. There is ample free parking on the park’s east side near the main entrance. Our staging area is a short walk along the Water Front Trail, just past the restrooms.
The race starts at 7:00 PM. Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up are at the track from 5:30 – 6:45.
Online pre-registration through RunSignup is strongly encouraged and will be open until 2:00 PM on June 14. If online registration isn’t possible, you can print and return the paper entry form before June 11. (Check back soon for paper form.)
Day-of-race registration closes at 6:45 PM.
$20 for pre-registration, $25 for late registration (after 2:00 PM on June 14).
FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register late for $10.
T-shirts (Men’s S, M, L, XL; Women’s S, M, L, XL) are available for $20. Photos coming soon!
(Due to permitting restrictions, this has changed for the 2021 race.)
- Exit Stewart Park and head south along N Cayuga Street past the schools
- Turn left onto York Street
- Turn right onto N Tioga, followed by a quick left onto E Falls Street
- At the end of E Falls Street, take in the view of Ithaca Falls as you turn left to run north on Lake Street
- Cross under Route 13 and immediately turn left back into Stewart Park
- Follow the Waterfront Trail back to the finish at the pavilion
- Restrooms are available at Stewart Park, but no changing facilities or showers.
- We will have at least one water stop along the course. (Location(s) TBD.)
- Post-race pizza, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available at the RunSignUp and FLRC Web sites.
- For remaining questions, please email race director Mickie Jauquet at email@example.com
The course crosses an active railroad track. We can’t control or predict the train schedule, and if the barrier is down, you must stop. If you try to cross the track at this time, you will be disqualified (if you make it). Also be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–14, 15–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
PHOTOS & MEDIA
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.