This year marks the 49th running of Ithaca’s oldest road race, the Ithaca 5&10. The course is a flat, fast loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood, starting and finishing at Ithaca High School. Run a single loop for 5K; repeat for 10K! This family-friendly event includes a free 1-mile Family Fun Run for kids.
Can’t run or coming to watch family and friends? We need volunteers!
If you’ve never run a road race before, check out our First-Timers FAQs for Road Races.
Soft cotton Ithaca 5&10 T-shirts are available for $15 each!
Both races start and finish at Ithaca High School on North Cayuga Street, adjacent to the school’s main entrance. Both distances finish in the IHS parking lot bus lane, around the corner from where they start. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street. The high school’s address is 1401 N. Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.
- The 5K and 10K start together at 9:15 AM.
- The Family Fun Run starts at 8:30 AM.
- Bib pick-up is from 7:00–8:45 AM.
Online registration is required and will be open until 1:00 PM on Saturday, September 9th. Leone Timing will make day-of-race online registration available, but a credit card is required—no cash or checks.
- Registration costs $25; race-day registration is $45.
- FLRC members may deduct $5.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- The Fun Run is free, but all runners must register.
- If financial considerations would prevent you from entering this race, please use coupon code FLRCRUNFREE2024 during online (not day-of) registration to waive the entry fee.
The 5K course is a single loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood; the 10K course is two loops.
The Fun Run course goes from Ithaca High School around Boynton Middle School and back. It is run entirely on sidewalks and bike paths.
- Start on N Cayuga Street adjacent to the IHS tennis courts.
- Head south on N Cayuga.
- As you approach downtown Ithaca, turn left onto Court Street.
- Take the second left to head north on N Tioga Street.
- At the end of N Tioga, turn right onto E Falls Street.
- At the T-intersection, go left onto Lake Street to cross the bridge. Enjoy the view of Fall Creek and the cascading, 150-foot Ithaca Falls on your right.
- Continue straight, with the school on your left, as Lake Street becomes E Shore Drive.
- Just past the school parking lot, turn left onto N Cayuga Street.
- Follow N Cayuga as it curves around Boynton Middle School and IHS, back to the race’s starting point.
- If you’re running the 5K, or Loop 2 of the 10K, turn left into the bus lane to finish. If this is your first loop on the 10K, continue straight and repeat the loop.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after each race, with awards for both distances in the following categories:
- First overall open (under 40) male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First overall vet (50+) male and female
- First overall super-vet (60+) male and female
- Restrooms are available, but there are no changing facilities or showers.
- There will be two water stations on the course.
- Post-race refreshments are provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available here.
- If you have a question, contact race director Gary McCheyne at email@example.com.
Be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
- Unlike some FLRC trail races, you may not switch distances after the start.
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race director reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or any other reason.
- If you need an accommodation for a disability to participate in this event, please contact the FLRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.