Registration will open once we finalize details. Until then, save the date for August 22nd!
This year marks the 46th running of Ithaca’s oldest road race, the Ithaca 5 & 10. The course is a flat, fast loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood, starting and finishing at Ithaca High School. Run a single loop for 5K; repeat for 10K! This family-friendly event includes a free 1-mile Family Fun Run for kids.
Both races start and finish at Ithaca High School — 1401 N Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. Race headquarters is in the Activities Building (next to Kulp Auditorium), with the starting line on North Cayuga Street, adjacent to the school’s main entrance. Both distances finish in the IHS parking lot bus lane, around the corner from where they start. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street.
- The 5K and 10K start together at 9:15 AM.
- The Family Fun Run starts at 8:30 AM.
- Bib pick-up is from 7:00–8:45 AM.
Online registration is required and will be open until 1:00 PM on Friday, August 20. (Check back soon for online registration.)
- $20 for registration
- FLRC members may deduct $5 when registering.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- The Fun Run is free, but all runners need to register.
- Check back soon for details on race shirts.
The 5K course is a single loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood; the 10K course is two loops.
The Fun Run course goes from Ithaca High School around Boynton Middle School and back. It is run entirely on sidewalks and bike paths.
- Start on N Cayuga Street adjacent to the IHS tennis courts.
- Head south on N Cayuga.
- As you approach downtown Ithaca, turn left onto Court Street.
- Take the second left to head north on N Tioga Street.
- At the end of N Tioga, turn right onto E Falls Street.
- At the T-intersection, go left onto Lake Street to cross the bridge. Enjoy the view of Fall Creek and the cascading, 150-foot Ithaca Falls on your right.
- Continue straight, with the school on your left, as Lake Street becomes E Shore Drive.
- Just past the school parking lot, turn left onto N Cayuga Street.
- Follow N Cayuga as it curves around Boynton Middle School and IHS, back to the race’s starting point.
- If you’re running the 5K, or Loop 2 of the 10K, turn left into the bus lane to finish. If this is your first loop on the 10K, continue straight and repeat the loop.
- Restrooms are available, but there are no changing facilities or showers.
- There will be two water stations on the course.
- Post-race refreshments are provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available here and on Webscorer.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Gary McCheyne. (email@example.com)
Be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after each race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open (under 40) male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First overall vet (50+) male and female
- First overall super-vet (60+) male and female
Awards are handcrafted medals with the original FLRC roadrunner logo. The overall winners’ medals are 11 oz. and other medals are 5 oz. 15 pounds of metal will be given to the various winners!
- Unlike some FLRC trail races, you may not switch distances after the start.
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race director reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or any other reason.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.