This year marks the 45th consecutive running of Ithaca’s oldest road race, the Ithaca 5 & 10. This family-friendly event includes a free 1-mile Family Fun Run for kids. The course is a flat, fast loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood, starting and finishing at Ithaca High School. Run a single loop for 5K; repeat for 10K! The race is chip-timed by Leone Timing.
This year every runner will receive a pair of FLRC socks! Make sure to check the appropriate size box on the registration form.
You can register late and/or pick up your bib and shirt on Saturday, September 14 from 11 AM – 5 PM at Finger Lakes Running Company at their new location: 700 Cascadilla Street, Ithaca, NY (the Purity Ice Cream building).
The races start and finish at Ithaca High School–1401 North Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. Race headquarters is in the Activities Building (next to Kulp Auditorium); the race starts will be on Cayuga Street near IHS, and the finish line will be in the IHS bus lane. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street.
- The 5K and 10K will start together at 9:15 AM.
- The Family Fun Run starts at 8:30 AM.
- Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up are in the IHS Activities Building from 7:00–8:45 AM.
- $20 for pre-registration, $30 for late registration (after 1 PM on Friday, September 13.)
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register late for $10.
- The Fun Run is free, but all runners need to register.
The 5K course will be a single loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood; the 10K course will be two loops.
The Fun Run course goes from Ithaca High School around Boynton Middle School and back. It is run entirely on sidewalks and bike paths.
- Restrooms are available, but there are no changing facilities or showers.
- There will be two water stations on the course.
- Post-race refreshments will be provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available here and at the RunSignUp.com.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Gary McCheyne.
Be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after each race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open (under 40) male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First overall vet (50+) male and female
- First overall super-vet (60+) male and female
- Unlike some FLRC trail races, you may not switch distances after the start.
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race director reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or any other reason.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.