Thank you for coming out on a Thursday night to run with FLRC! For full results with age-group breakdowns, check Webscorer, and you can find your Pebble/Stone/Boulderhead standings on the 2022 Trail Circuit leaderboard. Don’t miss the great race photos in FLRC’s photo library!
|1||Benjamin Grodner||Mosier, OR||26||M||1:06:36|
|2||Jay Hubisz||Ithaca, NY||43||M||1:07:42|
|3||Richard Yuze Kong||Narwee||27||M||1:07:53|
|4||Amelia Kaufman||Ithaca, NY||28||F||1:08:17|
|5||Riley Hubisz||Ithaca, NY||14||M||1:08:55|
|6||Andrew Tucker||Warners, NY||40||M||1:10:54|
|7||Pete Kresock||Ithaca, NY||39||M||1:13:20|
|8||Kaleb Smith||Ithaca, NY||28||M||1:15:03|
|9||Tobias Tello||Cheshire, CT||18||M||1:16:43|
|10||Benjamin Dozier||Ithaca, NY||32||M||1:17:27|
|11||Julie Barclay||Groton, NY||49||F||1:18:02|
|12||Lucas Stone||Johnson City, NY||42||M||1:20:46|
|14||Danielle Ryan||Moravia, NY||38||F||1:22:22|
|15||Joel Cisne||Ithaca, NY||40||M||1:23:35|
|16||Thomas Delmar||Waterloo, NY||49||M||1:24:16|
|17||Emily Madan||Ithaca, NY||37||F||1:24:24|
|18||Matt Bennett||Aurora, NY||50||M||1:24:39|
|19||Sophi Bennett||Aurora, NY||18||F||1:25:55|
|20||Sean Nash||Freeville, NY||35||M||1:25:56|
|21||Melissa Weiner||Ithaca, NY||44||F||1:28:00|
|22||Albert Vill||Ithaca, NY||28||M||1:28:05|
|23||Doug Hemink||Syracuse, NY||33||M||1:28:45|
|24||Sarah Post||Ithaca, NY||27||F||1:29:17|
|25||Greg Hamilton||Liverpool, NY||38||M||1:29:39|
|26||Zoe Barclay||Groton, NY||20||F||1:30:26|
|27||James Scanlon||Frederick, MD||37||M||1:31:11|
|28||Liam Scanlon||Frederick, MD||9||M||1:31:12|
|29||Rick Mazzeo||Skaneateles, NY||69||M||1:32:47|
|30||Sarah Ridenour||Danby, NY||36||F||1:32:57|
|31||Kyle Reynolds||Pine City, NY||44||M||1:34:04|
|32||Tom Ottaviano||Moravia, NY||42||M||1:34:51|
|33||Matthew Clark||Ithaca, NY||59||M||1:35:03|
|34||Stephanie Mulinos||Dryden, NY||57||F||1:35:07|
|35||Alex Scher||Ithaca, NY||40||M||1:35:26|
|36||Merin Ketcham||Trumansburg, NY||24||F||1:35:27|
|37||Baxter Streeter||Elmira, NY||20||M||1:35:31|
|38||Melissa Hubisz||Ithaca, NY||42||F||1:36:39|
|40||Michelle Dardia||Freeville, NY||63||F||1:37:23|
|41||Barbara Yunis||Elmira, NY||55||F||1:37:58|
|42||Sarah Drumheller||Interlaken, NY||44||F||1:40:41|
|43||Trista Thorn||Ithaca, NY||36||F||1:40:48|
|44||Dennis Stadelman||Cicero, NY||60||M||1:47:21|
|45||James Miner||Dryden, NY||73||M||1:47:41|
|46||Joette Foster||Elmira, NY||57||F||1:47:49|
|47||Melanie Oleary||Trumansburg, NY||37||F||1:47:50|
|48||Monika Wood||Painted Post, NY||60||F||1:47:54|
|49||Michael Jones||Liverpool, NY||36||M||1:50:57|
|50||Peter Dady||New York, NY||70||M||1:51:18|
|51||Tony Magnosi||Lansing, NY||57||M||1:56:43|
|52||Katherine Forrest||Brooktondale, NY||45||F||2:02:49|
|53||Damian Clemons||Phelps, NY||48||M||2:04:08|
|54||Rileigh Didomenico||Ithaca, NY||25||F||2:04:47|
|55||Anjana Jayaraman||Ithaca, NY||26||F||2:04:47|
|56||Carl Stickels||Cortland, NY||52||M||2:08:32|
|57||Rebecca Harman||Ithaca, NY||52||F||2:11:53|
|57||Christine Reynolds||Newfield, NY||52||F||2:11:53|
|57||Lorrie Tily||Locke, NY||61||F||2:11:53|
|1||Banyan Love||Newfield, NY||16||M||21:49|
|2||Eric Sambolec||Ithaca, NY||44||M||21:59|
|3||Peter Diebold||Ithaca, NY||34||M||24:07|
|4||Dave Kania||Ithaca, NY||42||M||24:33|
|5||Gerrit Van Loon||Ithaca, NY||61||M||25:47|
|6||Paul Shaffer||West Pittston, PA||53||M||26:11|
|7||Dave Liu||San Francisco, CA||46||M||27:05|
|8||Bryan Callaghan||Bellport, NY||39||M||28:05|
|9||Sandra Gregorich||Ithaca, NY||59||F||28:34|
|10||Caitlin Parrucci||Ithaca, NY||29||F||30:02|
|11||Cody Fearon||Newfield, NY||39||M||30:32|
|12||Ada McKinzey||Trumansburg, NY||9||F||31:09|
|13||Steve Shaum||Ithaca, NY||57||M||31:11|
|14||Katina Sayers||Tully, NY||55||F||31:27|
|15||Steph Bailey||Victor, NY||41||F||31:34|
|16||Cadence Dubus||Brooklyn, NY||40||F||31:39|
|17||Nathan Stirling||King Ferry, NY||48||M||32:19|
|18||Steve Ryan||Ithaca, NY||71||M||33:26|
|19||Tom Joyce||Ithaca, NY||71||M||33:54|
|20||Kevin Conlon||Cortland, NY||59||M||33:56|
|21||Evan Kurtz||Dryden, NY||66||M||33:58|
|22||Charles Leonard||Freeville, NY||67||M||34:20|
|23||Mckenzie Leonard||Dryden, NY||10||F||35:31|
|24||Benjamin Leonard||Dryden, NY||37||M||35:34|
|25||Alexandra Easley||College Station, TX||27||F||36:40|
|26||Samantha Stabinsky||Moravia, NY||33||F||36:41|
|27||Gretchen Gilbert||Brooktondale, NY||53||F||38:05|
|28||Jackie Schnurr||Moravia, NY||50||F||39:28|
|29||Joanne Herneisey||Ithaca, NY||59||F||39:31|
|30||Maple Hubisz||Ithaca, NY||10||F||39:45|
|31||Alesia Dvorkina||Frederick, MD||36||F||39:56|
|32||Hugh Wallace||Ithaca, NY||13||M||40:40|
|33||Melissa Wallace||Ithaca, NY||49||F||40:40|
|34||Carl Franck||Ithaca, NY||70||M||43:58|
|35||Sanchay Madan||Ithaca, NY||34||M||46:32|
|36||Rosalie Cawley||Ithaca, NY||29||F||47:07|
|37||Robert Congdon||Ithaca, NY||77||M||47:46|
|38||Chris Spadolini||Cortland, NY||58||M||48:23|
The Forge the Gorgeous trail race offers two distances so everyone can have some off-road fun. The 7-mile course comprises two scenic, partially overlapping loops. Those looking for a shorter distance can run a single 3.5-mile loop. All runners start together near the park entrance, and both distances will count toward our Stonehead, Pebblehead, and Boulderhead standings.
The route winds along wooded trails on the north and south rims of the Fillmore Glen Gorge, with a brief stretch along a quiet park road. (Be prepared for loads of calf-burning stairs in the first and last miles!) The course highlight is where the trail drops into the gorge itself and repeatedly crosses the creek over a series of bridges. The course is well marked and water stops are provided. If previous years are any indication, the weather may be unpredictable, but the scenery will always be gorgeous!
Bib pick-up is at the main pavilion at Fillmore Glen State Park—1686 Route 38, Moravia, NY 13118. Be prepared to show an Empire Pass or pay an $8.00 vehicle fee to the park.
The 3.5-mile and 7-mile races start together at 6:00 PM. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start to pick up your bib.
- Online registration is required and is open until 5:30 PM on August 11th, the day of the race.
- $20 for registration. FLRC members may deduct $5.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- If financial considerations prevent you from entering this race, please contact the race director for assistance.
- During registration, runners are required to agree to our COVID-19 race safety guidelines.
- Restrooms, showers, and swimming are available at Fillmore Glen State Park. (The swimming hole, located next to the finish line, is open until 7:00 PM.)
- Post-race goodies will be provided.
- Results are available live during the race via Webscorer. Visit the FLRC Web site for full results later.
- This race is part of the Finger Lakes Trail Circuit, for all you Pebbleheads, Stoneheads, and Boulderheads.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Alan Lockett (email@example.com).
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–18, 19–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+.
- Look for trail markers or you could end up off course! As with all trail runs, it’s on you to pay attention.
- Unlike road races, the footing is not level. It is uneven and can be dangerous. A fall or injury is possible.
- Insect bites, mud, treacherous footing, fallen logs, and vehicles at road crossings are possible hazards.
- Heat could be a problem this time of year; if so, carry fluids and watch for symptoms of heat exhaustion!
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- If you need accommodation for a disability to participate in this event, please contact the FLRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.
Our race directors are committed to providing an equal race experience among genders and sexes. The Forge the Gorgeous Trail Race, along with all other FLRC trail races, will abide by the following standards (to the extent that they are available to men) as outlined by the Trail Sisters Web site.
- Equal podium spots
- Equal prize money & awards
- Women’s-specific swag & apparel
- Menstrual products and disposal opportunity at aid stations in races of a half marathon or longer
- Equal opportunity and space for women on the starting line
For more information on these standards, please visit TrailSisters.net.