Apart from the date, details about this race may change before registration opens. For now, save the date and come back later to learn more.
Enjoy the small-town atmosphere in this fast and flat 5K in downtown Moravia. The 3.1-mile course meanders through the village and surrounding rural area.
The 5K is one loop on village streets. The course is well-marked, well-staffed, and has one water stop midway. The Fun Run is held entirely on the Moravia Central School District track, and all fun runners receive a participation medal.
If you’ve never run a road race before, check out our First-Timers FAQs for Road Races.
All profits benefit the Four Town First Aid Squad, Inc.
Bib pickup is at the Moravia Central School District track. There is ample free parking at the elementary school or high school, with a short walk to the track behind the elementary school.
Moravia Central School District. 68 S Main Street, Moravia, NY 13118
The 5K race starts at 9:00 AM.
Bib pick-up is from 7:45 to 8:30 AM.
The Fun Run takes place after the finish of the 5K and its awards ceremony.
- Online registration is required for the 5K.
- $25 for 5K registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5.
- The Fun Run is free to all! Parents must sign a waiver for children. Race-day registration (waiver only) for the Fun Run closes promptly at 8:45 AM.
- Runners 18 and under may register for free.
- If financial considerations would prevent you from entering this race, please use coupon code FLRCRUNFREE2023 during registration to waive the entry fee.
- There is no in-person registration at the race.
- Restrooms and changing facilities are available, but no showers.
- Post-race snacks and drinks will be provided.
- 5K results will be available on Webscorer and the FLRC Web site.
- For remaining questions, contact race directors Chris Irving or Lorrie Tily (LJTily@gmail.com).
- First male and female in Open and Masters Divisions.
- Age group awards to the top male and female in the following age groups:
10 & under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
Men: Nate Lockett: 15:17 (2009)
Women: Katie Aldridge: 17:28 (2009)
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or humankind.
- If you need accommodation for a disability to participate in this event, please contact the FLRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.