Enjoy the small-town atmosphere in this fast and flat 5k in downtown Moravia. The 5k course meanders through the village and surrounding rural area.
The 5k is one loop on the village streets. One water station will be provided on the loop. The course is flat and fast, staffed, and well marked. Our course is USATF certified, #NY97028AM. The fun run is held entirely on the Moravia Central School District track, and all fun runners receive a participation medal.
All profits benefit the Four Town First Aid Squad, Inc.
You may also register day-of at the Moravia Central School District track. There is ample free parking.
From Rt 34 Northbound: Off Rt 34, take Locke Road east (at Linda’s Diner). Turn left onto Rt 38 toward Moravia. Park at the Elementary or High School and walk to the track behind the Elementary School.
From Rt 34 Southbound: Off Rt 34, take Rt 90 east to Rt 38. Follow the above instructions.
From Interstate I-81 Northbound: Off Rt I-81, exit at Homer (Exit 12). Turn right at the first light, then left at the next light to head west on Rt 90. Turn right on Rt 38 and follow the above instructions.
From Interstate I-81 Southbound: Off I-81, take the Rt 281 exit in Preble. In Homer, turn right to go west on Rt 90 until you reach Rt 38. Follow the above instructions.
The race starts at 9:00 AM.
Day-of-race registration and bib pick-up are 7:45 to 8:30 AM.
- $20 for pre-registration, $25 for day-of-race registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register on the day of race for $10.
- The Fun Run is free to all!
- Restrooms and changing facilities are available, but no showers.
- There will be at least one water stop on the course.
- Post-race snacks and drinks will be provided.
- 5k results will be posted here shortly after the race concludes.
- For remaining questions, contact race directors Chris Irving or Lorrie Tily (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- First male and female in Open and Masters Divisions.
- Age group awards to the top male and female in the following age groups:
10 & under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
- A special award will be given to the fire department or ambulance service with the most registered participants.
Men: Nate Lockett: 15:17 (2009)
Women: Katie Aldridge: 17:28 (2009)
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.