The Finger Lakes Runners Club is proud to announce the following scholarship program:
- Two unrestricted, $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two deserving high school seniors who participated on their school’s cross-country and/or track and field teams.
- Eligible students must reside in Tompkins or a surrounding county.
- FLRC membership is not required.
- To apply, applicants must submit a letter describing their academic, extracurricular, and running achievements. Those applying should include any plans they have for a running career beyond high school and the personal benefits they have gained by participating in the sport.
- Applicants should include two letters of recommendations—one from a teacher and one from a coach. Please do not send complete transcripts or additional material for consideration as these will not be reviewed.
- Mail application materials to:
FLRC Scholarship Committee
Attn: Lorrie Tily
P.O. Box 185
Locke, NY 13092
Identification of Recipient
- The Scholarship Committee must receive scholarship applications by April 27, 2018.
- Committee members will review submissions and identify recipients by May 18, 2018.
- Recipients may be asked to present their scholarship application materials to the FLRC Board of Directors.