Home | Swag | Courses | Prizes | Timing | Rules | 100K Ultra Challenge
The 2.2-mile Ellis Hollow Creek Crossings course runs in the Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve, about 5 miles east of Ithaca on Ellis Hollow Creek Road. It’s short but will introduce you to trail navigation, terrain, and yes, multiple stream crossings.
- Google Maps pin showing the start/finish
- Course map
- RunGo directions (for iOS, Android, or Apple Watch) coming soon
Start at the Ellis Hollow Nature Preserve parking area off Ellis Hollow Creek Road.
[Photo of start/finish sign coming]
- Head north on the trail. At the kiosk, turn right on the yellow trail.
- Run up the hill until you come to an intersection with the red trail.
- Turn right on the red trail, which will meander up the hill and around for a good bit.
- Be careful on the side hill leading down to the first stream crossing.
- At the top of the subsequent hill note that the trail switchbacks down the next steep hill to the second stream crossing.
- Across the stream is another short, steep hill. It’s easy enough to climb, but be careful if you’re running down it in the other direction.
- At the top of that hill, turn left to stay on the ridge.
- Stay on the trail in the woods—you should never come out on the power line cut.
- Be careful of the short, steep hill down to the driveway, where you turn left, and then right 10 meters later.
- At the Y intersection, take the right fork on the blue trail to take the winding trail back to the yellow trail and to the kiosk.
- Return to the parking area, and consider doing it again, since it’s so short.