The Finger Lakes Runners Club is proud to announce our annual scholarship program is open for 2021:
- A minimum of two unrestricted $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to two deserving high school seniors who participated on their school’s cross country and/or track and field teams.
- Eligible students must reside in Tompkins or a surrounding county.
- FLRC membership is not required.
- To apply, applicants must submit a letter describing their academic, extracurricular, and running achievements. Include any plans you may have for a running career beyond high school and the personal benefits you have gained by participating in the sport.
- Applicants should include two letters of recommendation—one from a teacher and one from a coach. Please do not send complete transcripts or additional material for consideration, as these will not be reviewed.
- Mail application materials to:
FLRC Scholarship Committee
Attn: Lorrie Tily
P.O. Box 185
Locke, NY 13092
Identification of Recipient
- Scholarship applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee by May 1, 2021. Committee members to review submissions and identify recipients by May 15.
- Recipients may be asked to present their scholarship application materials to the FLRC Board.