Held in memory of race founder Diane Sherrer, the Women’s Distance Festival 5K celebrates women’s running with a female-only road race and walk. Mothers, daughters, and sisters run together on the rolling hills and country roads around scenic Dryden Lake. Along with individual and age group awards, special awards will be given to the first mother/daughter and sister/sister teams. Men are welcome…as fans and volunteers.
T-shirts are available for $15, but must be ordered by June 20th and paid for in advance.
In recognition and support of the Advocacy Center of Tompkins County, participants will have an opportunity to donate funds when picking up bib numbers. The Advocacy Center (formerly the Task Force For Battered Women/ Child Sexual Abuse Project) has provided support, advocacy and education for survivors of domestic violence since 1977, survivors of child sexual abuse since 1982, and survivors of adult sexual assault since 2003. The goal of the Advocacy Center is to help reduce the trauma that results from domestic violence, sexual assault, and child sexual abuse. For more information, visit www.theadvocacycenter.org.
The race starts and finishes at Stewart Park in downtown Ithaca. There is plenty of free parking.
The race starts at 6:30 PM.
Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up are at the pavilion from 5:30 PM–6:15 PM.
Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is open until 6 PM on July 13th.
Day-of-race registration closes at 6:15 PM.
- $15 for pre-registration, $25 for day-of-race registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register on the day of the race for $10.
- Restrooms are available, but no changing facilities or showers.
- There will be one water station on the course.
- Post-race food and drink will be provided.
- Results will be announced at the race and will also be available at the FLRC Web site afterward.
- For remaining questions, contact race directors Suzanne Aigen (607-277-0433, suzanne@aigen nancial.com) or Denice Cassaro (607-256-0373, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First mother/daughter team and first sister/sister team
- First overall open and masters (40+) women
- First women in each of these age groups:
1–10, 11–14, 15–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- All runners must follow the directions of course marshals or risk being disqualified.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.