Looking for a family-friendly event for a warm summer evening? Come run FLRC’s summer track meets at Ithaca High School, where you can test your fitness on the 400-meter track as the heat of the day subsides. All ages (seriously!) and abilities (really!) are welcome in these low-key meets, and when you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete against one another. Join the fun!
Run the mile in at least four of FLRC’s indoor and outdoor track meets in 2017 to compete in our inaugural MithacaL Mile Series. Average your best four times, and we’ll award prizes at an end-of-summer ceremony to the fastest male and female in each age group (1–10, 11–15, 16–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50-59, 60–69, 70+). View the current standings!
July’s events will be run in this order:
- 1 mile
- 4x800m relay (sign up on a relay card at the meet)
The meet takes place at the Ithaca High School track, 1401 North Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY 14850. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street.
- Bib pickup and day-of-race registration from 5:00–5:45 PM.
- No registration or bib pickup after 5:45 PM!
- First event starts at 6:00 PM and meets generally go until 8:00 PM.
Online pre-registration strongly encouraged and is open until 12:00 PM the day of the meet.
If you have trouble pre-registering online contact meet director Adam Engst via email with your name, age, and event seed times.
Day-of-race registration is available for those who cannot pre-register online.
DirectAthletics Registration Notes:
- You need to a DirectAthletics account to register, so if you created one for a previous meet, you can log into that and register. Be sure to log in to your existing account rather than creating a new account.
- If you’ve never run an FLRC meet before, you’ll have to make a DirectAthletics account; be sure to record your username and password for the future. You’ll use this account to pre-register for other indoor and outdoor track meets as well.
- For families, each person will need an account, regardless of age. If your kids are running, you must create separate DirectAthletics accounts for them and register them for events separately. Fussy, we know, but it’s just like filling out separate registration and entry cards for them in the past. Be careful to log out and log back in with the children’s accounts when registering them.
Pre-registration Fees: FLRC members: Free; Students: $3; Adults: $5
Day-of-meet Fee for Everyone: $10
Teams: Up to 12 runners: $20; 13–50 runners: $35; over 50 runners: $50
Fees are payable at bib pickup and cover the meet as a whole regardless of the number of events run.
- Registration for relays is available only at the meet; fill out and submit a relay registration card at the desk.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats run slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing is done by hand, with a Time Machine, not a camera-based fully automatic timing (FAT) system.
- Spikes are allowed, but not recommended. If you must wear spikes, please use only pin spikes.
- There are no field events due to restrictions in our Road Runners Club of America insurance coverage.
- The meets are not USATF-sanctioned, so performances cannot be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to pre-register manually, contact meet director Adam Engst.