Enjoy the small-town atmosphere in this fast, flat 5K in downtown Moravia. The 5K course meanders through the village and surrounding rural area. The fun run is held entirely on the track.
The 5K is one loop on the village streets; see map on reverse. At least one water station will be provided on the loop. The course is flat and fast, well marked and staffed. Our course is certified to be accurate by the USATF, #NY97028AM
All profits benefit the Four Town First Aid Squad, Inc.
Register at the Moravia Central School District Track. There is ample free parking.
From Rt 34 Northbound: Off Rt 34, take Locke Road east (at Linda’s Diner). Turn left on Rt 38 to Moravia. Park at the Elementary or High School and walk to the track behind the Elementary School.
From Rt 34 Southbound: Off Rt 34, take Rt 90 east to Rt 38. Follow the above instructions.
From Rt I-81 Northbound: Off Rt I-81, take Homer exit. Turn right at light then left at next light heading west on Rt 90. Turn right on Rt 38 and follow the above instructions.
From Rt 81 Southbound: Off Rt I-81, take Rt 281 exit in Preble. At Rt 90 in Homer go west on 90 to Rt 38. Follow the above instructions.
The race starts at 9 AM.
Day-of-race registration and number pick-up are between 7:45 AM and 8:30 AM.
Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is open until 6 PM on July 21st.
Race day registration closes promptly at 8:45 AM.
Parents must sign a waiver for Fun Runners.
- $20 for pre-registration, $25 for day-of-race registration.
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register on the day of race for $10.
- The Fun Run is free to all!
- Restrooms and changing facilities are available, but no showers.
- There will be at least one water stop on the course.
- Post-race snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Results will be posted on the FLRC Web site.
- For remaining questions, contact the race director.
- First male and female in Open and Masters Divisions.
- Age group awards to the top male and female in the following age groups:
10 & under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 plus.
A special award will be given to the fire department or ambulance service with the most registered participants.
Men: Nate Lockett: 15:17 (2009)
Women: Katie Aldridge: 17:28 (2009)
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.