Looking for a break from the cold, wet, lonely days of winter running? Come run FLRC’s winter track meets at Cornell University’s Barton Hall, where it’s always warm and dry, and where you can test your fitness on Cornell’s state-of-the-art 200-meter rubberized track. All ages (seriously!) and abilities (really!) are welcome, and when you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete. Join the fun!
Run the mile in at least four of FLRC’s indoor and outdoor track meets in 2018 to compete in our MITHACAL MILE SERIES. Average your best four times, and we’ll award prizes at an end-of-summer ceremony to the fastest male and female in each age group (1–10, 11–15, 16–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50-59, 60+).
February’s events will be run in this order (heat and time estimates are from 2017 and will be updated the day before the meet in 2018):
- 2 mile (2 heats, 9:00am–9:40am estimated)
- 800m (7 heats, 9:40am-10:25am estimated)
- 200m (23 heats, 10:25am-11:35am estimated)
- 1 mile (6 heats, 11:35am–12:35pm estimated)
- 4 x 400m relay (sign up on a relay card at the meet) — 10 minutes per heat, unknown number of heats.
Use a mapping service or GPS to find Barton Hall at Cornell University. Free parking is available in the Kite Hill lot at Schoellkopf Field, the parking garage across from Teagle Hall, and adjacent lots as noted on signs.
Bib pickup and day-of-meet registration are from 8:00–8:45 AM.
No day-of-meet registration after 8:45 AM!
Pre-registered runners may pick up their bibs during the meet. Check this page and the FLRC mailing list on Saturday night to see when your race is scheduled (heats run slow to fast).
The first event starts at 9:00 AM and meets generally go until 1:00–2:00 PM.
Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is open until 6:00 PM the night before the meet.
If you have trouble pre-registering online, email meet director Adam Engst via email with your name, age, and event seed times by 6:00 PM the night before the meet.
Day-of-race registration is available for those who cannot pre-register online.
DirectAthletics Registration Notes:
- You need to a DirectAthletics account to register, so if you created one for a previous meet, you can log into that and register. Be sure to log in to your existing account rather than creating a new account.
- If you’ve never run an FLRC meet before, you’ll have to make a DirectAthletics account; be sure to record your username and password for the future. You’ll use this account to pre-register for other indoor and outdoor track meets as well.
- For families, each person will need an account, regardless of age. If your kids are running, you must create separate DirectAthletics accounts for them and register them for events separately. Fussy, we know, but it’s just like filling out separate registration and entry cards for them in the past. Be careful to log out and log back in with the children’s accounts when registering them.
Pre-registration Fees: FLRC members: Free; Students: $3; Adults: $5
Day-of-meet Fee for Everyone: $10
Teams: Up to 12 runners: $20; 13–50 runners: $35; over 50 runners: $50
Fees are payable at bib pickup and cover the meet as a whole regardless of the number of events run.
- Registration for relays is available only at the meet; fill out and submit a relay registration card at the desk.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats run slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing is done by hand, with a Time Machine, not a camera-based fully automatic timing (FAT) system.
- Spikes are allowed, but not recommended. If you must wear spikes, please use only pin spikes.
- There are no field events due to restrictions in our Road Runners Club of America insurance coverage.
- The meets are not USATF-sanctioned, so performances cannot be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to pre-register manually, contact meet director Adam Engst.