|1||Steve Esposito||Binghamton, NY||32||Male||51:33|
|2||Jay Hubisz||Ithaca, NY||42||Male||55:07|
|3||Jacob Revelo||Ithaca, NY||19||Male||55:26|
|4||Brendan Mangino||Ithaca, NY||28||Male||1:00:08|
|5||Dave Kania||Ithaca, NY||41||Male||1:00:34|
|6||Donna Langerfeld||Port Byron, NY||35||Female||1:04:03|
|7||Vinny Cappadora||Freeville, NY||42||Male||1:04:04|
|8||Steven Vanek||Ithaca, NY||50||Male||1:06:27|
|9||Damian Clemons||Phelps, NY||47||Male||1:08:03|
|10||Dirk Elliott||Marathon, NY||66||Male||1:09:07|
|11||Nancy Kleinrock||Ithaca, NY||61||Female||1:09:15|
|12||Hadi Alzayer||Saudi Arabia||23||Male||1:11:40|
|13||Erica Secor||Homer, NY||35||Female||1:12:01|
|14||Dean Russo||Dryden, NY||52||Male||1:12:56|
|15||Elizabeth Secor||Homer, NY||60||Female||1:13:05|
|16||Robert Seltzer||Freeville, NY||55||Male||1:14:56|
|17||Claire Li||Palo Alto, CA||19||Female||1:14:59|
|18||Gretchen Glezen||Marathon, NY||48||Female||1:15:20|
|19||Sarah Ridenour||Danby, NY||36||Female||1:15:38|
|20||James Miner||Dryden, NY||73||Male||1:39:22|
|21||Yinghua Wang||Ithaca, NY||48||Male||1:40:18|
|1||Bill Watson||Ithaca, NY||33||M||33:10|
|2||Banyan Love||Newfield, NY||16||M||34:57|
|3||Caitlin Loehr||Ithaca, NY||56||F||35:01|
|4||Jim Devona||Binghamton, NY||38||M||35:59|
|5||Janet Van Zoeren||Fairport, NY||37||F||36:28|
|6||Julie Barclay||Groton, NY||48||F||36:36|
|7||Eileen Randall||Newfield, NY||41||F||38:24|
|8||Dan Scales||Dryden, NY||48||M||38:50|
|9||Brenda Osovski||Ithaca, NY||55||F||40:04|
|10||Julia Cohen||Ithaca, NY||23||F||40:29|
|11||Kellie Gregoire||Albion, NY||54||F||40:31|
|12||Sandra Gregorich||Ithaca, NY||59||F||41:27|
|13||Laura Morse||Lansing, NY||41||F||41:33|
|14||Jamie Loehr||Ithaca, NY||59||M||41:50|
|15||Peter Cha||Ithaca, NY||29||M||42:13|
|16||Kyle Reynolds||Pine City, NY||43||M||42:35|
|17||Michelle Woods||Ithaca, NY||46||F||42:56|
|18||Laura Helmerick||Ithaca, NY||62||F||43:06|
|19||Scarlett Lee||Ithaca, NY||32||F||44:45|
|20||Timothy Lyons||Ithaca, NY||43||M||44:49|
|21||Shea Oleksa||Ithaca, NY||29||F||47:05|
|22||Mark Gregoire||Albion, NY||60||M||49:50|
|23||Jami Landry||Dryden, NY||38||F||51:56|
|24||Manny McGovern||Dryden, NY||39||M||52:00|
|25||Joette Foster||Elmira, NY||57||F||52:25|
|26||Monika Wood||Painted Post, NY||59||F||54:43|
Snowshoes? That’s right, when winter covers our beloved trails, some of us switch to snowshoes and keep right on running. Racing snowshoes are a far cry from the tennis racket-shaped gear of yesteryear—you strap them on over your normal running shoes to get a stable platform that keeps you on top of the snow. It’s harder than running, but incredible exercise and huge fun to boot. So fight the frost and conquer the cold in the Ithaca area’s only snowshoe race!
The well-marked course is part of the Hammond Hill State Forest trail system, which is commonly used for skiing and snowshoeing. It should be packed down unless there is a big snowfall the night before. We recommend doing the 5K distance if you don’t have much experience snowshoeing or trail running, or if you plan on walking the distance. The 10K is intended for those who are well trained and have some experience on snowshoes. As race day nears, our Facebook page will be updated with course conditions and snow levels.
If you don’t have snowshoes (or good ones for running), we’ll have a limited supply of Dion running snowshoes available to rent for $5. Be sure to check the box when you register online.
Bib pickup is at the Hammond Hill public parking lot, no matter what the weather is like outside. And for a snowshoe race, we’re rooting for cold and snowy! Please note that in order to maintain physical distancing, the warming hut will not be open for runners to congregate and stay warm.
The races start and finish in front of the Hammond Hill warming hut, just up the trail from the public parking lot. The lot’s address is (roughly) 100 Hammond Hill Road, Freeville, NY 13068. Do not follow GPS directions via Harford Road—it is not passable. Instead, make sure to come via Irish Settlement Road.
Parking in the lot is limited, so plan accordingly. Please do not park on the snowmobile trail.
From Ithaca: Take Route 13 north toward Dryden. Before entering Dryden, take a right onto Irish Settlement Road. After going through an S curve you will go up a big hill; continue a couple of miles. Take a left onto Hammond Hill Road. Soon you will come to a Y intersection; take the right fork. At the top of the hill is a parking lot on the right. Park here. The start/finish area is on the trail a short walk east from the parking lot.
For real-time, turn-by-turn directions for the 10K and 5K, download the free RunGo app to your phone and search for Super Frosty Loomis. You can run with your phone and use the app to give audible cues when and where to turn. The map is GPS-based, so lack of cell service in the forest will not affect navigation. Direct link to 10K | Direct link to 5K
The 5K will start at 10:00 AM, with the 10K starting at 10:15. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your race to pick up your bib.
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED and is open until 6:00 PM the night before the race. The field is limited to 40 participants.
- Registration costs $20.
- FLRC members who pre-register may deduct $5.
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free.
- If financial considerations prevent you from entering this race, please contact the race director for assistance.
- No race day registration!
The 5K will have awards for the overall male and female winners only. In the 10K distance, we’ll have overall and 10-year age-group awards, as the 10K is generally more competitive. We hope to bring back the post race celebration at the Dryden Hotel at noon, pending the COVID situation. We will announce this closer to race day. If we cannot hold the post-race gathering indoors then awards will be given out near the finish line immediately following the race.
- Leave early to get to the race since the driving conditions may require additional travel time.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather, and bring additional dry clothing for after the race. You will get wet!
- Pay attention to trail markings or you’ll end up off course! As with all trail runs, it’s on you to pay attention.
- The race may be postponed to another weekend in February or canceled due to inclement weather or insufficient snow. February 19 is the backup date for now. For the latest updates check the Super Frosty Loomis Facebook page.
- A port-o-john will be available at the parking lot, but there is no running water or changing facilities.
- Results will be made available shortly after the race via Webscorer; visit the FLRC Web site for full results later.
- Use of the warming hut may be limited depending on current COVID restrictions. Plan to change and/or keep warm in your car.
- If you have additional questions, please contact race directors Eric Sambolec (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dave Kania (email@example.com).
- Upon registration you will be required to agree to our COVID-19 race policies.
- In the event of no snow, the race may be rescheduled for February 19.
- No dogs or headphones are allowed. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled due to lack of snow.
- If you need an accommodation for a disability to participate in this event, please contact the FLRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.