Looking for a family-friendly event for a warm summer evening? Come run FLRC’s summer track meets at Lansing High School, where you can test your fitness on the 400-meter track after the heat of the day subsides. All ages (seriously!) and abilities (really!) are welcome in these low-key meets. When you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete against one another. Join the fun!
This track meet is being run in accordance with FLRC’s COVID-19 Race Safety Precautions. In particular:
- Online registration is required (there is no day of meet registration!), and you must be able to respond affirmatively to the safety questions asked during registration.
- If you feel in the slightest bit ill or are running a temperature, stay home!
- Make sure to bring a mask or buff.
- Please do not carpool to the meet with people who are not part of your household unless everyone is fully vaccinated.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before the meet; bib pickup may be slower than normal.
- Unless you are fully vaccinated, you must wear a mask and maintain a minimum of 6 feet from other participants except during your races.
- Bring your own liquids and food if necessary.
Finally, please note that if a runner doesn’t comply with FLRC’s COVID-19 Race Safety Precautions, the race director should be notified and will reiterate the guidelines to the person in question. If that person fails to comply, they will be asked to leave. If they continue to defy the race director’s request, they will be disqualified from the race and reported to the FLRC board for possible banning from future club events.
August’s events will be run in this order:
- 1 Mile
To reduce interaction among unvaccinated runners, there will be no relays in our 2021 outdoor meets.
The meet takes place at the Lansing High School track, 76 Brickyard Road, Lansing, NY, 14882. Note that Brickyard Road is a right turn (when driving from Ithaca on 34B/Ridge Road) before you get to Lansing High School. There is ample free parking.
- Bib pickup from 5:00–5:45 PM.
- There is no day-of-race registration!
- First event starts at 6:00 PM and meets generally go until 8:00.
Online registration is required and is open until 12:00 noon the day of the meet.
If you have trouble pre-registering online contact meet director Adam Engst via email with your name, age, and event seed times.
DirectAthletics Registration Notes:
- You need a DirectAthletics account to register, so if you created one for a previous meet, you can log into that and register. Be sure to log in to your existing account rather than creating a new account.
- If you’ve never run an FLRC meet before, you’ll have to make a DirectAthletics account; be sure to record your username and password for the future. You’ll use this account to pre-register for other indoor and outdoor track meets as well.
- For families, each person will need an account, regardless of age. If your kids are running, you must create separate DirectAthletics accounts for them and register them for events separately. Fussy, we know, but it’s just like filling out separate registration and entry cards for them in the past. Be careful to log out and log back in with the children’s accounts when registering them.
Fees: To thank the community for its patience with our canceled meets in 2020 and 2021, FLRC is waiving all fees for outdoor track meets in 2021.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats run slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing is done by hand with a Time Machine–not a camera-based fully automatic timing (FAT) system.
- Spikes are fine, and if you choose to wear spikes, pyramid spikes are recommended.
- There are no field events due to restrictions in our Road Runners Club of America insurance coverage.
- The meets are not USATF-sanctioned, so performances cannot be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to pre-register manually if you can’t use DirectAthletics for some reason, contact meet director Adam Engst and provide name, sex, age, events, and seed times.