Susan G. Komen Twin Tiers Region Race for the Cure

Event Details

  • Date:
  • Categories:

The 19th annual Race for the Cure is Komen Twin Tiers signature event, largest single fundraiser and largest Walk/Run devoted to ending Breast Cancer in the region. The Race for the Cure draws over 3,000 participants and volunteers from throughout our 9 county region (Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, & Tompkins counties in New York, and Bradford, Potter, and Tioga counties in PA.  Proceeds from past races have enabled Komen Twin Tiers to distribute over $1.3 million (75% net proceeds) to LOCAL grantees since 2000. The remaining 25% (net proceeds) funds global research that is finding the cures to breast cancer.

With 1 in 8 women diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime, and with a significant number of uninsured and under-insured women living the the Twin Tires, these local community grants are critical to the health and welfare of the families in our nine county region. The Race for the Cure includes:

7:00 a.m On-site registration for those who did not register on-line.

8:00 a.m. Program begins

8:45 a.m. Survivors and 1 Mile Walk

9:00 a.m. Start: 5K Run/Walk

10:00 a.m. Survivor Recognition and Race Awards

10:30 Start: Kids’ Fun Run ($10)


Registration: Early Bird On-line registration through February 28 – $20

On-line registration through March 31, – $25

After April 1, through $30

Race Day Registration, $35


Please visit for further information and registration.