Home | Swag | Courses | Prizes | Timing | Rules | 100K Ultra Challenge
The 13.1-mile Lick Brook & Treman FLT course is our monster trail course for this year, as it rolls up and down the Finger Lakes Trail on both sides of Route 13.
Your main post-run socializing options are either South Hill Cider (which could serve as an alternative starting point) or Ithaca Beer. But of course, once you’re heading back into Ithaca on Elmira Road, there are a ton of places to eat.
Start at the Finger Lakes Land Trust parking area for Lick Brook. To get there, you go out of Ithaca on Route 13 past the entrance to Treman State Park. Just as the road splits, you can turn left into the parking lot. If you miss it, continue up Route 13 South until Decker Road, turn left on Decker, and turn left again on Route 13 North back toward Ithaca. The parking area comes just after Route 13 North merges with Route 34.
Turn-by-turn RunGo directions are available; you can view them online and download them to the RunGo app on your smartphone (iOS or Android) or Apple Watch. Alternatively, follow these directions to run west then east on the course map:
- From the parking area, go under the Route 13 bridge.
- Continue up the Finger Lakes Trail, alongside Treman State Park. When the FLT comes out onto the Treman Rim Trail just before the parking lot with the old mill at 2.7 miles, be sure to make a sharp left back onto the FLT—if you hit the service road you’ve gone too far, and if you hit the parking lot, you’ve gone way too far.
- Continue on the FLT across Woodard Road at 3.5 miles and turn around roughly 1.5 miles later at the turnaround sign before you get to the Treman Center on Hines Road. You’ll be following white blazes the entire way on this portion of the trail.
- Retrace your steps to the parking area.
- Follow the Finger Lakes Trail east this time, crossing the stream at the railroad bridge and following white blazes.
- Noticing that the blazes become blue, turn right to follow the Lick Brook Trail up the steep hill with switchbacks. It’s shorter that way!
- Turn right to rejoin the Finger Lakes Trail at the top, with the blazes becoming white again. Run to Townline Road.
- Go straight across Townline Road—the blazes become orange—and run all the way out to the turnaround at King Road. (South Hill Cider will be on your left.)
- Turn around and retrace your steps to the parking area.