Apart from the date, details about this invitational—including the start time—may change before registration opens. For now, save the date and come back later to learn more.
Trackapalooza is outdoor track at its best! Come to Ithaca in July to enjoy a full slate of track and field events with heats for youth, adults, and elites, complete with prize money in the elite heats.
If you’ve never run a track meet before, check out our First-Timers FAQs for Track Meets.
We are currently planning the following events for Trackapalooza. Specific events and event order are still in flux.
- 100m (2-3 minutes per heat)
- 200m (2-3 minutes per heat)
- 400m (4 minutes per heat)
- 800m (6-8 minutes per heat)
- 1500m (10 minutes per heat)
- Masters Mile (10 minutes per heat)
- 3000m (15 minutes per heat)
- 4x100m relay (10 minutes per heat)
- 4x400m relay (10 minutes per heat)
- Long jump
- Triple jump
- Shot put or hammer throw
The meet is planned for the Ithaca High School track.
July 22. We will post time-of-day information here once it is known. Meanwhile, you can put July 22 on your calendar!
Online registration is required and is open until 6:00 PM on the day before the meet.
If you have trouble registering online email meet director Adam Engst with your name, age, and event seed times.
We’re still getting used to MileSplit, but here are some tips to get started:
- Look for the green Register Online Now button in the upper-right corner.
- Individuals should read/watch How do I enter an individual in a meet?
- Club coaches should read/watch How do I enter my team into a meet?
- If you need help, contact MileSplit support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All individuals register as Unattached; teams are only for clubs or schools attending as a group. (In other words, don’t try to register as FLRC or High Noon.)
- Families should register as individuals; please do not create a team for your family.
- Parents can add multiple kids to their account, rather than creating separate accounts.
- MileSplit is school-focused, so just go with the request for your high school year when creating an athlete, even if it’s a long time ago.
- Choose a division based on what you’ll be paying: Non-FLRC Member if you aren’t a club member, FLRC Member if you are, and Financial Aid if a fee would prevent you from participating. The gender of the division doesn’t matter because we combine everything.
- When entering seed (projected finish) times, don’t worry about entering the Meet Name where you theoretically ran the seed time.
- You can always log in again to change your seed times or events.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask MileSplit support and cc me at email@example.com so I can see where you’re getting stuck.
Fees for Trackapalooza are:
- Non-FLRC member: $20 (save money if you join the club)
- FLRC member: $15 (thanks for supporting running in the area)
- Financial Aid: $0 (we don’t want anyone skipping the meet due to cost)
- Team or Club: $5 per runner (this is for schools and clubs, not families))
- Registration for relays is available only at the meet; fill out and submit a relay registration card at the desk.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats run slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing will be done with a camera-based FAT system.
- Spikes are fine, and if you choose to wear spikes, pyramid spikes are recommended.
- The meet will be USATF-sanctioned, so performances could be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to register manually if you can’t use MileSplit for some reason, contact meet director Adam Engst and provide name, sex, age, events, and seed times.