Looking for a family-friendly event for a warm summer evening? Come run FLRC’s summer track meets at Ithaca High School, where you can test your fitness on the 400-meter track as the heat of the day subsides. All ages (seriously!) and abilities (really!) are welcome in these low-key meets, and when you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete against one another. Join the fun and get ready for Trackapalooza in July!
If you’ve never run a track meet before, check out our First-Timers FAQs for Track Meets.
June’s events will be run in this order:
- 4x200m relay (sign up at the meet)
The meet takes place at the Lansing High School track, 76 Brickyard Road, Lansing, NY, 14882. Note that Brickyard Road is a right turn (when driving from Ithaca on 34B/Ridge Road) before you get to Lansing High School. There is ample free parking.
- Bib pickup from 5:00–5:45 PM.
- The first event starts at 6:00 PM, and meets generally go until 8:00.
Online registration is required and is open until 12:00 noon on the day of the meet.
If you have trouble registering online email meet director Adam Engst with your name, age, and event seed times.
We’re still getting used to MileSplit, but here are some tips to get started:
- Look for the green Register Online Now button in the upper-right corner.
- Individuals should read/watch How do I enter an individual in a meet?
- Club coaches should read/watch How do I enter my team into a meet?
- If you need help, contact MileSplit support at email@example.com.
- All individuals register as Unattached; teams are only for clubs or schools attending as a group. (In other words, don’t try to register as FLRC or High Noon.)
- Families should register as individuals; please do not create a team for your family.
- Parents can add multiple kids to their account, rather than creating separate accounts.
- MileSplit is school-focused, so just go with the request for your high school year when creating an athlete, even if it’s a long time ago.
- Choose a division based on what you’ll be paying: Non-FLRC Member if you aren’t a club member, FLRC Member if you are, and Financial Aid if a fee would prevent you from participating. The gender of the division doesn’t matter because we combine everything.
- When entering seed (projected finish) times, don’t worry about entering the Meet Name where you theoretically ran the seed time.
- You can always log in again to change your seed times or events.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask MileSplit support and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can see where you’re getting stuck.
Fees for 2023 are:
- Non-FLRC member: $10 (save money if you join the club)
- FLRC member: $5 (thanks for supporting running in the area)
- Financial Aid: $0 (we don’t want anyone skipping the meet due to cost)
- Team or Club: $2 per runner (this is for schools and clubs, not families))
- Registration for relays is available only at the meet; fill out and submit a relay registration card at the desk.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats run slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing is done by hand, with a Time Machine, not a camera-based fully automatic timing (FAT) system.
- Spikes are fine, and if you choose to wear spikes, pyramid spikes are recommended.
- The meets are not USATF-sanctioned, so performances cannot be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to register manually if you can’t use MileSplit for some reason, contact meet director Adam Engst and provide name, sex, age, events, and seed times.