It is with deep regret that FLRC must announce the cancellation of the 2022 January Indoor Track Meet. It proved impossible to reserve Barton Hall or another suitable indoor track for the event due to COVID-19 restrictions. We hope that such pandemic-driven problems fade away in the coming year so we can bring back our full race schedule in 2023. We will update the pages for the remaining indoor meets closer to the race dates.
Looking for a break from the cold, wet, lonely days of winter running? Come run FLRC’s winter track meets, where it’s always warm and dry, and where you can test your fitness on a state-of-the-art 200-meter rubberized track. All ages (seriously!) and abilities (really!) are welcome, and when you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete. Join the fun!
January’s events will be run in this order, with each event’s heats running slow to fast. (Times are for estimating; we’ll update the details the night before the meet):
- 3000m (1 heat, 5:00 PM – 5:20 PM)
- 60m (10+ heats, 5:20 PM – 5:50 PM)
- 1 mile (6+ heats, 5:50 PM AM – 6:50 PM)
- 200m (13+ heats, 6:50 PM AM – 7:30 PM)
- Possible relay race that would have at-the-meet signup
Use a mapping service or GPS to find the Ithaca College Athletics and Event Center. (Click for directions; it’s easiest to come in from the Coddington Road entrance to Ithaca College and turn left at the first intersection.) Free parking is available in the lots next to Glazer Arena.
Bib pickup is from 4:30–5:00 PM.
No day-of-meet registration!
You may pick up your bib during the meet if you’re running only a late event. Check this page and the FLRC discussion forum on Friday night to see when your race is scheduled. (Heats run slow to fast.)
The first event starts at 5:00 PM and meets generally go until 7:30–8:00 PM.
Online registration is required and is open until 6:00 PM the night before the meet.
If you have trouble pre-registering online, email meet director Adam Engst (by 6:00 PM the night before the meet) with your name, age, and event seed times.
- Registration for relays is available only at the meet; fill out and submit a relay registration card at the desk.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats running slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing is done by hand with a Time Machine, not a camera-based fully automatic timing (FAT) system.
- Spikes are allowed, but not recommended. If you must wear spikes, please use only pin spikes.
- There are no field events due to restrictions in our Road Runners Club of America insurance coverage.
- The meets are not USATF-sanctioned, so performances cannot be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to pre-register manually, contact meet director Adam Engst.