Looking for a family-friendly event for a warm summer evening? Come run FLRC’s summer track meets at Lansing High School, where you can test your fitness on the 400-meter track after the heat of the day subsides. All ages (seriously!) and abilities (really!) are welcome in these low-key meets. When you’re not running, you can enjoy watching some of the area’s best runners compete against one another. Join the fun!
August’s events will be run in this order:
- 4x100m relay (tentative; sign up on a relay card at the meet)
- 1 Mile
- 4x400m relay (sign up on a relay card at the meet)
The meet takes place at the Lansing High School track, 76 Brickyard Road, Lansing, NY, 14882. Note that Brickyard Road is a right turn (when driving from Ithaca on 34B/Ridge Road) before you get to Lansing High School. There is ample free parking.
- Bib pickup and day-of-race registration from 5:00–5:45 PM.
- No registration or bib pickup after 5:45 PM!
- First event starts at 6:00 PM and meets generally go until 8:00 PM.
Online pre-registration strongly encouraged and is open until 12:00 PM the day of the meet.
If you have trouble pre-registering online contact meet director Adam Engst via email with your name, age, and event seed times.
Day-of-race registration is available for those who cannot pre-register online.
DirectAthletics Registration Notes:
- You need to have a DirectAthletics account to register. If you created one for a previous meet you can log into that account to register. Be sure to log in to your existing account rather than creating a new account.
- If you’ve never run an FLRC meet before, you’ll have to make a DirectAthletics account; be sure to record your username and password for the future. You’ll use this account to pre-register for other indoor and outdoor track meets as well.
- For families, each person will need an account, regardless of age. If your kids are running, you must create separate DirectAthletics accounts for them and register them for events separately. Fussy, we know, but it’s just like filling out separate registration and entry cards for them in the past. Be careful to log out and log back in with the children’s accounts when registering them.
Pre-registration Fees: FLRC members: Free; Students: $3; Adults: $5
Day-of-meet Fee for Everyone: $10
Teams: Up to 12 runners: $20; 13–50 runners: $35; over 50 runners: $50
Fees are payable at bib pickup and cover the meet as a whole regardless of the number of events run.
- Registration for relays is available only at the meet; fill out and submit a relay registration card at the desk.
- Please predict realistic finish times when registering so we can seed you in an appropriate heat.
- Events run in the order listed, with seeded heats run slow to fast. The number of heats and times will be announced.
- Timing is done by hand with a Time Machine–not a camera-based fully automatic timing (FAT) system.
- Spikes are fine, and if you choose to wear spikes, pyramid spikes are recommended.
- There are no field events due to restrictions in our Road Runners Club of America insurance coverage.
- The meets are not USATF-sanctioned, so performances cannot be used as World Championship or Olympic qualifiers.
- For remaining questions, or to pre-register manually, contact meet director Adam Engst.