The Finger Lakes Runners Club is proud to announce the following scholarship program:
- A minimum of two unrestricted $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to deserving male and female high school seniors who participated on their school’s cross-country and/or track and field teams.
- Eligible students must reside in Tompkins or a surrounding county.
- FLRC membership is not required.
- To apply, please submit a letter describing your academic, extracurricular, and running achievements. Include any plans you may have for a running career beyond high school and the personal benefits you have gained by participating in the sport.
- Include two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and one from a coach. Please do not send complete transcripts or additional material for consideration as these will not be reviewed.
- Mail application materials to:
Identification of Recipient
- Scholarship applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee by April 9, 2017.
- Committee members will review submissions and identify recipients by May 12, 2017.
- Recipients may be asked to present their scholarship application materials to the FLRC Board.
Carmen Bezner Kerr (Ithaca High School): $1000
Jake Avery (Ithaca High School): $1000
Tatianna Trojnor-Hill (Moravia Central School District): $1000
Colin Pritchard (Owego Free Academy): $1000
Ashleigh Crawford (Tully Junior-Senior High School): $1000
Abby Yatsko (Dryden High School): $500
Abigail Everett (Horseheads High School): $500
Matthew Lin (Ithaca): $1000
Julia Tantillo (Trumansburg): $1000
Eric Sinton (Ithaca): $500
Jacklyn Hoch (Cortland): $500
Jade Auchmoody (Homer): $1000
Freideric Handelmann (Homer): $1000
Bradley Dewitt (Moravia): $500
Matt Gill (Watkins Glen): $500
Samantha Gill (Watkins Glen): $500
Elizabeth Jewiss (Marathon): $1000
Derek Johnson (Horseheads): $1000
Emily Stansfield (Tioga): $500
Joshua Langley (Watkins Glen): $500
Allison Cronk (Groton): $500
Shauna Murray (Trumansburg): $1000
Josh Greenberg (Ithaca): $1000
Zoe McAlear (Ithaca): $500
Christopher Gill (Watkins Glen): $500
Kayla Prochnow (Trumansburg): $500
Sarah Danner (Trumansburg): $1000
Shannon Hazlitt (Watkins Glen): $500
Chris Handelmann (Homer): $1000