The Twilight 5K is a fun, family-friendly event on an early-summer evening. Whether you run or walk, you’ll finish in daylight because it’s held on one of the longest days of the year. With a flat course and relatively few road crossings, it’s a perfect first 5K for all ages. Enjoy the party atmosphere at the start/finish at the Ithaca High School track, with tunes throughout and pizza for all afterward! The race is chip-timed by Leone Timing.
If you want to beat the race-day rush, you can pick up your bib number and shirt or register late on Tuesday, June 12th from 11 AM–6 PM at the Finger Lakes Running & Triathlon Company on the Ithaca Commons.
The race starts and finishes at the Ithaca High School track, 1401 North Cayuga Street, Ithaca NY 14850. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street.
The race starts at 7 PM. Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up are at the track from 5:30 PM–6:45 PM.
Online pre-registration (available soon) is strongly encouraged and will be open until 10 AM on June 11th.
Day-of-race registration closes at 6:45 PM.
$20 for pre-registration, $25 for late registration (on June 12th or 13th).
FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register late for $10.
- Start on the Ithaca High School track and run 1.5 laps clockwise.
- Exit the track at the southeast corner and run north on the bike path along Lake Street.
- Cross Cayuga Street, go under Route 13, and head for Stewart Park along the south side of Gibbs Drive.
- Run counter-clockwise through Stewart Park, following the Waterfront Trail on the north and the park road on ￼￼the south.
- Retrace your steps along Gibbs Drive and under the Route 13 overpass, then turn right onto Cayuga Street.
- Turn left into the IHS bus lane, head back to the track, and run 3⁄4 lap counter-clockwise to a triumphant finish in front of the stands.
- Restrooms are available, but no changing facilities or showers.
- A water station close to the Stewart Park entrance is accessible both when entering and leaving the park.
- Post-race pizza, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available at the RunSignUp and FLRC Web sites.
- For remaining questions, email race directors Mickie Jauquet (607-280-5189) or Gary McCheyne.
The course crosses an active railroad track. We can’t control or predict the train schedule, and if the barrier is down, you must stop. If you try to cross the track at this time, you will be disqualified (if you make it). Also be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after the race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–14, 15–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race directors reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or mankind.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.