This year marks the 43rd consecutive running of Ithaca’s oldest continuous road race, the Ithaca 5 & 10. This family-friendly event includes a free 1-mile Family Fun Run for kids. The 5 & 10 has traditionally been run at the 5-mile and 10-mile distances, but as with last year, this year’s race will be run at the 5K and 10K distances. It will once again be a flat, fast course through the Fall Creek neighborhood, starting and finishing at Ithaca High School. Run a single loop for 5K; repeat for 10K! The race is chip-timed by Leone Timing.
Long-sleeved cotton T-shirts with the 5 & 10 logo are available for purchase this year. Pre-order your shirt during registration to be sure of getting one; quantities are limited!
You can register late and/or pick up your bib and shirt on Saturday, September 9 from 11 AM–5 PM at the Finger Lakes Running & Triathlon Company on the Ithaca Commons.
The races start and finish at Ithaca High School–1401 North Cayuga Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. Race headquarters is in the Activities Building (next to Kulp Auditorium); the race starts will be on Cayuga Street near IHS, and the finish line will be in the IHS bus lane. There is ample free parking in the high school lots off Cayuga Street and Lake Street.
- The 5K and 10K will start together at 9:15 AM.
- The Family Fun Run starts at 8:30 AM.
- Day-of-race registration and packet pick-up are in the IHS Activities Building from 7:00–8:45 AM.
- $20 for pre-registration, $30 for late registration (after 10 AM on Friday, September 8.)
- FLRC members may deduct $5 only when pre-registering. No discounts for late registration!
- Runners 18 and under may pre-register for free or register late for $10.
- The Fun Run is free, but all runners need to register.
The 5K course will be a single loop through the Fall Creek neighborhood; the 10K course will be two loops.
The Fun Run course goes from Ithaca High School around Boynton Middle School and back. It is run entirely on sidewalks and bicycle paths.
- Restrooms are available, but there are no changing facilities or showers.
- There will be two water stations on the course.
- Post-race refreshments will be provided.
- Results will be posted at the race and will also be available at the RunSignUp and FLRC websites.
- For remaining questions, contact race director Gary McCheyne.
Be aware that the course includes roads that are open to traffic. Course marshals will assist you in crossing, but all runners need to be alert and aware of traffic.
The award ceremony takes place shortly after each race, with awards in the following categories:
- First overall open male and female
- First overall masters (40+) male and female
- First overall vet (50+) male and female
- First in each of these age groups, male and female:
1–10, 11–14, 15–19, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, and 70+
Awards are handcrafted medals with the original FLRC roadrunner logo. The overall winners’ medals are 11 oz. and other medals are 5 oz. 15 pounds of metal will be given to the various winners!
- Unlike some of the FLRC trail races, you may not switch distances after the start.
- No dogs, headphones, or jogging strollers. These make the race dangerous for everyone.
- The race director reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, even if the race is canceled because of an act of nature or any other reason.
- This race is organized by the Finger Lakes Runners Club and insured by the Road Runners Club of America.