The FLRC Group Runs bring together runners for fun, fitness, and camaraderie. Everyone is welcome, regardless of age or ability! In 2018, we have two group runs on Sundays (first and third Sundays on the Black Diamond Trail, and second and fourth Sundays for Eat & Run), and a chance of Saturday group runs.
Since these group runs are official FLRC events, a signed waiver is required for liability reasons. You can sign the waiver now online, or in person before your first run. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2018 group runs.
First and Third Sundays: Black Diamond Trail
These free runs start and finish at the base of the Black Diamond Trail behind the Ithaca Children’s Garden at Cass Park (121 Turtle Lane, Ithaca, NY 14850). Registration, warmup, and mingling starts at 8:30 AM, and we’ll begin running promptly at 8:45 AM. We’ll have water on hand, but in support of sustainability, please bring your own water bottle if possible.
The first group run took place on Sunday, February 4th.
We’ll run out on the wide, smooth Black Diamond Trail for 30 minutes, and then turn around and run back. You’ll likely find someone at your pace, and everyone should finish at about the same time. Feel free to add in some walking, or to turn around before 30 minutes. Please note:
- Restrooms may be available in the Ithaca Children’s Garden and the main Cass Park building.
- We suggest that you leave dogs and headphones at home so you can pay more attention to fellow runners. Jogging strollers are welcome, though you may find them tricky in the snow.
- The trail may be slippery in the winter.
- You can sign the liability waiver now, or in person before your first run.
- For questions, or if you’d like to help with a run, contact FLRC Group Run director Shelly Marino or run leader Megan Powers.
Second and Fourth Sundays: Eat & Run
More information coming soon, but the first run will be Sunday, March 11th.
What about Saturdays?