The deadline is fast approaching so get those applications in! We are proud to announce the following scholarship program:
- A minimum of two unrestricted $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to two deserving high school seniors who participated on their school’s cross county and/or track & field teams.
- Eligible students must reside in Tompkins or a surrounding county.
- FLRC membership is not required.
- To apply, applicants must submit a letter describing their academic, extracurricular, and running achievements. Include any plans you may have for a running career beyond high school and the personal benefits you have gained by participating in the sport.
- Applicants should include two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and one from a coach. Please do not send complete transcripts or additional material for consideration as these will not be reviewed.
- Mail application materials to:
FLRC Scholarship Committee
Attn: Lorrie Tily
P.O. Box 185
Locke, NY 13092
Identification of Recipient:
- Scholarship applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee by Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Committee members will review submissions and identify recipients by May 12, 2017.
- Recipients may be asked to present their scholarship application materials to the FLRC Board.